N.I members... advice please!

NomadLad

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

I'm from Dublin, living in London, about to move to the North for a job in Belfast Int Airport. I'm trying to figure out areas to live while avoiding any of the outdated aggro up their.

Geographically the ideal areas would be Lurgan, Craigavon, Portadown, as they're close enough to the airport but also handy enough to get on the road to Dublin when heading home for a few days.

Are these areas tense or ok, any suggestions of other relaxed or neutral areas?

Appreciate any input, thanks!

Here's a pic of my GS for good measure.

Attachments

• IMG-20170712-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20170712-WA0004.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 420
Don't know about aggro, but I can tell you that neither Lurgan or Craigavon will win any prizes for beauty...

Don't know about aggro, but I can tell you that neither Lurgan or Craigavon will win any prizes for beauty...

:yelrotflm
I'm open to suggestions, not keen on living in built up areas or towns.

I would rather be out a little bit but just trying to get an idea of which towns are dodgy in the event that I do have to settle for a place in an estate or town.

All three are shitholes

Ok thats good to know, thanks. Will keep looking.

If anyone has any suggestions of nicer places with good access to Belfast Int Airport and the Dublin road i'd appreciate 'em.

Hi there

the above 3 areas are all ok places after all lots of people live there perfectly well.

Blackskull area a bit more rural and close to the A1 for comute to dublin and belfast and airport
or Dromore is a quiet village,, just off the A1 carriage way as well.
but the only issue that you will have to deal with every morning that you go to work is the road from Moira to the airport
is slow in the morning with traffic.

Have a look at the Crumlin area it is still easy to get to the A1 carriageway from there and you wont have so much of a
drive every morning to the airport. and its easyier to get to the glens off antrim for a sunday bike run.

cheers Davey

Hi there

the above 3 areas are all ok places after all lots of people live there perfectly well.

Blackskull area a bit more rural and close to the A1 for comute to dublin and belfast and airport
or Dromore is a quiet village,, just off the A1 carriage way as well.
but the only issue that you will have to deal with every morning that you go to work is the road from Moira to the airport
is slow in the morning with traffic.

Have a look at the Crumlin area it is still easy to get to the A1 carriageway from there and you wont have so much of a
drive every morning to the airport. and its easyier to get to the glens off antrim for a sunday bike run.

cheers Davey
Hi Davey, thanks a mil for taking the time to give me those recommendations, exactly the sort of info I was hoping for!

Will have a good look at em all and see what I can find.

Cheers,
Donal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Crumlin

Just moved to Crumlin from Limerick. Or more correctly, in the process of moving, so on the road every other week. Easy connection to Dublin, 10 mins to Belfast International Airport. Chinese, Indian, kebab house, chippers, couple of pubs/steakhouses, mega Tesco.
This should give you an idea of what's available.

Just moved to Crumlin from Limerick. Or more correctly, in the process of moving, so on the road every other week. Easy connection to Dublin, 10 mins to Belfast International Airport. Chinese, Indian, kebab house, chippers, couple of pubs/steakhouses, mega Tesco.
This should give you an idea of what's available.
Great stuff, thanks for the link! That sounds ideal.

If i were you i would check out the Templepatrick area. 2 mins from the airport and also handy for getting the bus into Belfast when you decide to go on the piss.

If i were you i would check out the Templepatrick area. 2 mins from the airport and also handy for getting the bus into Belfast when you decide to go on the piss.

Definitely classier than Crumlin which is a bit depressing

As has been mentioned Templepatrick, Parkgate, Dunadry all within 10 - 15 mins of BIA and easy access to the M2 or A26/M1 A1 to Dublin.

Norrie

Thanks for all the great suggestions and useful information lads. I've got plenty to work with now, there seems to be plenty of suitable places on the market too.
Cheers,
Donal

Hi Donal also look at Glenavy (close to Crumlin), Ballinderry, Banbridge and Culcavey. Close enough to airport and a road home to Dublin. All the best with the move :aidan

Back
Top Bottom