Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia Caponord Rally 1200

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Aprilia Caponord Rally 1200

Anybody on here got one are have a mate that has one?? I can't seem to find a negative review on the interweb and they seem like very good value used.

There are a couple of 2015 models on MCN for under 9K and they come with luggage and all the bells and whistles.

I would imagine resale might be a negative, but they do seem a great bike

Quote Originally Posted by EKIMYRF View Post
    I would imagine resale might be a negative, but they do seem a great bike
    Yeah, hence the good (for the buyer) used prices.

Whatever I buy will be kept for 3 or 4 years and have about 100,000kms put on it, so I'm not really buying with resale value in mind.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I had a 1000. Great bike. Parts prices outrageous. Like I mean about 4 times the price. I needed a complete rear calliper (don't ask) aprilia €450+ pads. Same calliper off a Ducati €116 including pads. Parts availableity a problem too. I don't think there is a dealer here either. There's a reason the secondhand value is bad. They are a good machine. Sometimes referred to as the Itilan Honda. JJH

Someone I know has one, likes it, but over priced.

Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    I had a 1000. Great bike. Parts prices outrageous. Like I mean about 4 times the price. I needed a complete rear calliper (don't ask) aprilia €450+ pads. Same calliper off a Ducati €116 including pads. Parts availableity a problem too. I don't think there is a dealer here either. There's a reason the secondhand value is bad. They are a good machine. Sometimes referred to as the Itilan Honda. JJH
    I can land a fully spec'd 2015 Rally model for approx €10k

Overlanders can look after them or Robbie in Motortechnic.

Parts would probably be a concern alright. I think Bikeworld still do parts for the Aprilia's.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Aprilia seem to make good stuff. You have to get a ride on one to be sure it suits you.
    I have never ridden one. I bet the engine is stonking.
    Did you get a spin on the one in Overlanders? It's been on Done deal for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by patzx12 View Post
    Aprilia seem to make good stuff. You have to get a ride on one to be sure it suits you.
    I have never ridden one. I bet the engine is stonking.
    Did you get a spin on the one in Overlanders? It's been on Done deal for ages.
    Haven't ridden one but have put a good few miles on the Mille engined bikes.

I'll pop down to Overlanders and take a spin on their one. I remember talking to one of the Reinharts in Laragh one Sunday about it......... said he loved it (he would, wouldn't he)

Sent from a OnePlusX.

My riding mate has one and is very, very happy with it. He had a GS TC before it.

I have been away with him and ridden it. I was very impressed with it. Lovely to ride, great engine and sublime suspension.

He bought his new and as it had been sat in the showroom for about a year he got a really good deal on it. 1 recall for a front brake rubber washer or something otherwise faultless.

A mate of a mate has a one bought new in 2013 (one of the first and not the rally spec) ,it broke down on him on its first European trip that year due to an incorrect ECU map being on the bike when new (poor running) and the engine breather spewing out oil ( modified) .

Once this was rectified it has been an absolute paragon of reliability and does at least 2 extensive European trips a year either two up or solo , prior to this he had a Mille a Mille R and a Triumph Tiger Sport and prefers the Caponord.

Money wise its s/hand value at 3 years old was shocking and he would have lost more than 1/2 of its original cost so he just kept it .

Only thing is with standard luggage on the non rally version is that if you put on a performance can it will burn a hole in the pannier.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A riding buddy has the older model, he paid something like €2500 for it and its spot on.

A mate bought a new one which had endless problems with but when it was ok rode lovely, shame he had so many electrical issues as it was soon sold

Knowing a guy with a Tuono Factory who absolutely loved the Brand, we looked at one, when they first landed. Stonking engine & some nice touches, but not much room (seat or feet) for the pillion rider when all 3 boxes in place, There are some bargains around at present though.

I like the look of them and apparently they sound pretty good too.

Test ride booked for Saturday.

I had one, from new, for two years..lots of niggly faults and i got to the point of not trusting it!..very poor fueling even with the optimiser. Very jerky in traffic biy very good on the open road, also the engine gets very hot and noisey. Beware the cost of the valve check at 12000 miles, its a minimum of £700!!. Pexd it one month ago and lost a lot of money on it.
    Aprilia have stopped making them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast