T120 Bonneville Black

Engineer

He/Him - Guitar Student and Electronics Engineer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Huntingdonshire (Cambridgeshire) & Bedfordshire
Got one of these as a loaner whilst my Thruxton is in for its 500 mile service.

Nice bike to potter around on, essentially the same engine as the Thruxton but no so highly tuned and lower revving - nice and easy to ride with plenty of grunt for back roads and town, steers pretty well too, suspension not fancy but more than good enough for the performance.

Most definitely not a motorway bike though as one is hung out like a parachute to catch the wind blast - anything over 70 is hard work.

I personally have never ridden one but I know a man who has who said that "compared to his R1200 R the Bonnie T120 was as gutless as fuck"

I should really try one for myself :rolleyes:

I personally have never ridden one but I know a man who has who said that "compared to his R1200 R the Bonnie T120 was as gutless as fuck"

You should :) only about 80bhp but 105Nm so hardly gutless, no point in having massive power when riding above 70mph is not really practical because of the riding position. It's geared quite high too- when one is pottering one doesn't want the engine doing a gazillion rpm.

Give one a try, it's not going to scare you but they are certainly not gutless, plenty of power for what they do

Unless your mates R1200 R is significantly more powerful than my R1200 GS :nenau

On the ride back to the dealer on the A14/A1 I let it rev a bit more, it certainly ain't gutless :), nice bike but not a dual carriageway or motorway bike - if I had a gazillion pounds then I probably have a red in the garage alongside the Thruxton. :)

Back
Top Bottom