Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bullet Camera

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Boy View Post
    Hi I looked for a decent camera for ages, I wanted one that came on with the Ignition and recorded straight away, not for videoing the trip but purely in case I got taken out buy some Idiot but could not find anything that was reliable that didnt run from batteries, I saw this one (Linky below) and gave it a try and have to say its excellent I put a 16g card in it which lasts about 4 hours on high res longer on 720p but it suites me fine also bought one for my son in law who put it on his Africa Twin
    did a weeks tour around Ireland couple of weeks ago and it worked superbly, 10 hr ride home in the lashing down of rain and no problem at all, well worth the money easy to fit and set up has wifi and an app for your phone or smart arse device which really works !!

Anyway heres the link

Rob

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextbase-R...72.m2749.l2649
    Thanks to you both, Advn Boy and D Danny but that looks a bit bulky for me. I'm on a GS so haven't got the same choice of bars for mounting it and would like front and rear cameras too. Lashing rain for 10 hrs is a good test though for anyone who wants just the one camera though.

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    This looks like the one I found, ish! The cameras are small and discreet. Also looks like you can get extra cameras with long leads so car installation might be possible too? When you install can you post info please?

Thanks
    Will do, though may be a couple of weeks before I have the time. I looked at the bullet also, which forum reviews speak positively of (as they do the innov), only that it seems to be a single cam set up.

I nearly ordered the innov (before chancing on the bike pro), but had difficulty finding a UK site that sold the m/c version.

Not having to deal with the canbus or pinching into wires, plus seeing a quick set up guide for the GS, so knowing that the monitoring unit fits under the seat, seemed a good start, along with the size of the cams.

Hope it lasts more than 12 mths :-)

Rum Bosun Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've been looking at these already but am not sure I can fit the recorder unde my seat. I already have a hex ezcan and the associated leads under the seat so not much room left. Where have you put the recorder on yours?
    It's a bit of a jiggle but you can work it. Will try to take some photos of the undersea area tomorrow

Thanks both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Elston View Post
    It's a bit of a jiggle but you can work it. Will try to take some photos of the undersea area tomorrow
    Hi Phil, don't suppose you could post the photo. I'm imterested as to where you squeezed the recorder unit in. I looked and the only space under my seat is further back st the moment which would stop me getting at it easily and might end up wet in bad weather. I have previously thought of using a small bag but had dismissed it as too difficult. Maybe I need to apply a few brain cells to a bag solution again.

Small bag was my solution. Will go out and photo now. Stand by...

Hi Phil, don't suppose you could post the photo. I'm imterested as to where you squeezed the recorder unit in. I looked and the only space under my seat is further back st the moment which would stop me getting at it easily and might end up wet in bad weather. I have previously thought of using a small bag but had dismissed it as too difficult. Maybe I need to apply a few brain cells to a bag solution again.
    I fitted the Hex in the tail on the riders right hand side (wot I are pointing at) spare wiring going into the hidden space (to find the hidden space, you have to take off the rear racking and the silver plastic "furniture" that secures the seat.) the wiring takes longest with the hex. The rear camera wire is coiled down in there at the rear too. The power unit for the Innovv is self tapped to the rear mudguard under the bit that runs between the front & rear seats. I keep the DVR unit in a snap-loc plastic bag that is cut down and then re-sealed with tape around the wires. This doesn't make it waterproof big time, but it's better than nowt.

I can send you more info by email if you pm me your email address
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I have the INNOVV K1 system fitted front/rear on my bike and can heartily recommend it. Www.innovv.com you can buy direct from the manufacturer

A lot of good cameras out there, but they all seem both bulky and "visible". The camera heads on this unit are fully waterproof and they don't stand out at all. There is no requirement to take them off when you stop. The system records in HD and as there are 2 cameras, you get front/rear POV. It's all linked to GPS and if you prefer, there is an on/off switch rather than having the system running all the time the bike is powered.

You do, though, have to make or adapt some form of bracket for each camera (I can send a drawing of my brackets if you want them) the cameras have a standard "camera threaded hole" (1/4" whitworth?) on 3 sides
    +1 for the K1. Fit and forget and great quality.

I fitted the Hex in the tail on the riders right hand side (wot I are pointing at) spare wiring going into the hidden space (to find the hidden space, you have to take off the rear racking and the silver plastic "furniture" that secures the seat.) the wiring takes longest with the hex. The rear camera wire is coiled down in there at the rear too. The power unit for the Innovv is self tapped to the rear mudguard under the bit that runs between the front & rear seats. I keep the DVR unit in a snap-loc plastic bag that is cut down and then re-sealed with tape around the wires. This doesn't make it waterproof big time, but it's better than nowt.

I can send you more info by email if you pm me your email address
    Hi, thanks for the photos. I can see from them that perhaps I need to think about a slight adjustment to my hex ezcan wiring. I think if I lift all the silver plastic I can loop the bulk of the wires in the bit over the mudguard leaving space for a recorder unit as you have. It'll have to wait now though as I'm off to France soon and haven't time to dismantle the back end. Still something to fettle into place when I get back. TVM

Hi, thanks for the photos. I can see from them that perhaps I need to think about a slight adjustment to my hex ezcan wiring. I think if I lift all the silver plastic I can loop the bulk of the wires in the bit over the mudguard leaving space for a recorder unit as you have. It'll have to wait now though as I'm off to France soon and haven't time to dismantle the back end. Still something to fettle into place when I get back. TVM
    A word of warning from my experience... have a hot air gun handy. In their wisdom, BMW see fit to drive the bolts in at about 4K foot/pounds with half a hundredweight of thread-lock paste on them. I BROKE two T40 sockets trying to get them out before I was advised to warm the bolts with a heat gun if they wouldn't loosen..

Fitted the Bike Bro today.

I ordered the handlebar manual control/manual capture switch, gps and vibration power unit.

Relatively straightforward, just a case of patience with the routing of the wires - using a thin tube as a guide (attaching the wires/connector to this) it was easy enough. The only panels that needed removing were the battery panel and the nearside lower tank plastic panel. I also lowered the licence plate holder to thread through the connector for the rear cam.

Most tricky for me in fact was working how the Velcro fastening worked for the manual control/capture switch :-)

The control unit and power unit were an easy fit under the pillion seat.

I would attach photos of the install, but the only account I’ve ever used for this sort of thing is photobucket, and which (a) I think now limiting free links and (b) is asking for an old email for me to sign in. So if anyone has suggestions on that front let me know.

Some observations. First, on quality, wires and connectors look fair quality but the unit itself seem a bit insubstantial and cheaply made. The screen resolution on the unit is naff. Not that any of this matters to me, since for me it’s fit and forget, and take out the sd card as and when required.

On functionality, the vibration power supply seems to work like a dream, so pleased with that. And the manual control for on/off (if so desired) and the manual capture button appear to work as they should. However, I haven't been able to get the gps working (it has full line of sight), so have emailed Nortex on this.

The cams are very neat, and is one area where they perhaps have the advantage over the innov units. I have one sitting underneath the front headlight, to one side, and the other is under the seat, above the licence plate (both fitted using the supplied 3m sticky pads).

The software player (which you download) seems to do the job – it will play the file loops seamlessly, and I see that it stamps events (I need to play around with the G-sensitivity).

Wouldn’t be fair to take a view on cam quality just yet. It came set up with 720 * 480, and I’ve yet to try it in 1280 * 720, or played around with the brightness. Also, the cams need straightening up a little (the lens work on a swivel and lock system).

However, here's a taster of two unmarked police cars with blues and twos.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7f...ew?usp=sharing

To add, I fancy that even at 1280, the quality isn't gong to be that great - and not as good as the Innov K1. I think the benefits over the Innov are simply the cam, unit size, vibration power unit, and price (you'd have to add import duties when buying direct from the US). Yer takes yer choice...

Quote Originally Posted by yofi View Post
    To add, I fancy that even at 1280, the quality isn't gong to be that great - and not as good as the Innov K1. I think the benefits over the Innov are simply the cam, unit size, vibration power unit, and price (you'd have to add import duties when buying direct from the US). Yer takes yer choice...
    I'm with Yofi. The cameras appear a bit wonky too?

I'm with Yofi. The cameras appear a bit wonky too?
    Phil, as mentioned, they simply need straightening. They have a locking swivel mechanism that allows you to turn the lens. It was too late yesterday to get around to adjusting, as well as experimenting with settings. I'll get a fuller measure of the quality today, but my expectations are that it won't match the K1.

Anybody who wants the basic cam without the vibration power pack, gps and manual controller can pick one up on the slow boat from china for sixty quid. Don't go to nortex!

Interesting thread. Is it possible to 'split' the front and rear views when editing of are must they always be shown together

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Yofi I couldn't tell from the video but when the cars are closer can you read their plates? Ultimately that's what I want from the camera. In the event of an incident I would want to provide the footage as evidence, if no plates can be read I imagine that makes life harder? You say you think the Inovv would be better quality footage, can you capture an image of a car 2-3 car lengths in front of you and maybe Phil can as well? It'd be interesting to see the difference if that's possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast