Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike stolen in Edinburgh

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Bike stolen in Edinburgh

Stolen last night

SG59 OBE
    Triumph Street Triple - Grey - arrow pipes

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Is it your bike Blackal, if so I feel for your loss, these lowlife scum need castrating

I just cant figure this out, is the first thing hot wiring or doing something to the ign barrel, because once he is on the lights are on indicating the engines running? How have they starting it so quickly?

Is there nowhere safe from these lowlife?

Not mine, no - just re-posted.

Seems to have it running rather fast, I'll admit.

See if that works .....

Candlemaker Row? Other bikes have been nicked from there. Chain or u lock is essential if leaving a bike for even 5 mins.

Fek me - did that really only take 10 seconds ?

I take it they don't have immobilisers on Triumphs then ?
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

You really shouldn't be able to steal a modern motorcycle this quickly in a busy street with no-one even noticing anything is wrong. At the very least, anyone starting and taking a bike without the keys really should look like they're doing something suspicious! Leaving aside the lack of other security, how can it be acceptable for a manufacturer to produce a bike that is so easy to start without the key? So bloomin' easily that passers by can't even tell!

QUOTE=Sea Dog;4797800]You really shouldn't be able to steal a modern motorcycle this quickly in a busy street with no-one even noticing anything is wrong. At the very least, anyone starting and taking a bike without the keys really should look like they're doing something suspicious! Leaving aside the lack of other security, how can it be acceptable for a manufacturer to produce a bike that is so easy to start without the key? So bloomin' easily that passers by can't even tell![/QUOTE]

what do you recommend?

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I take it they don't have immobilisers on Triumphs then ?
    The Bonnevilles do so I presume they all do

FFs that looked easy, how was the bike started....

Quote Originally Posted by flatdog View Post
    QUOTE=Sea Dog;4797800]You really shouldn't be able to steal a modern motorcycle this quickly in a busy street with no-one even noticing anything is wrong. At the very least, anyone starting and taking a bike without the keys really should look like they're doing something suspicious! Leaving aside the lack of other security, how can it be acceptable for a manufacturer to produce a bike that is so easy to start without the key? So bloomin' easily that passers by can't even tell!
    what do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

High quality factory fit alarm AND immobiliser as standard . Stronger better design of steering lock? Some other security device that can ne used to either lock the brakes I'm so it can't be pushed or some sort of "built in" disc lock that can easily locked using the same key as he ignition . How about a retractable cabe lock that could be built into the subframe ?

All of these could obviously be defeated given enough time and tools but that's not the point is it . Manufacturers need to step up like the car manufacturers did when car crime reached unacceptable levels.
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Quote Originally Posted by leadfarmer View Post
    The Bonnevilles do so I presume they all do
    Mmmmmmm I wonder how he started it so fast then ? Bit worrying.

Always liked the idea on the Kawasaki z1100 shaft drive tourer in the late 70's where the bikes centre stand could be locked down , bit difficult riding a 240 kgs bike away with the centre stand down.

Perfect for a GSA

Quote Originally Posted by flatdog View Post

what do you recommend?
    You want ME to design motorcycle security? I am a Chartered Engineer, but I'd have thought the major motorcycle manufacturers would have had their own. Personally, I'd see it more as their responsibility than their customers. I was merely pointing out that that responsibility isn't readily apparent in this particular video. I'm surprised anyone with a motorcycle wouldn't be disappointed to see the speed and ease with which this machine was riden off under its own power.

Quote Originally Posted by WEE BOAB View Post
    FFs that looked easy, how was the bike started....
    Maybe they had the keys.... just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Maybe they had the keys.... just sayin
    To me - it looks likely..............

See if that works .....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast