Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike stolen in Edinburgh

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I was thinking keys, but it looks like he sticks what is a tool in his left hand pocket after the light goes on
    Our biggest challenges are won or lost in the soul

I was speaking to a policeman relative yesterday about bike theft, and he reckons that most of the little buggers responsible for stealing bikes are currently locked up!
    So it might be a wee bit safer in Edinburgh for parked up bikes for a wee while.

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Maybe they had the keys.... just sayin
    They probably stole the keys from the home the bike was parked outside

There is a chip in the key on Triumphs, probably all brands these days

Quote Originally Posted by robzz View Post
    I was speaking to a policeman relative yesterday about bike theft, and he reckons that most of the little buggers responsible for stealing bikes are currently locked up!
    So it might be a wee bit safer in Edinburgh for parked up bikes for a wee while.
    There were two stolen last week as far as I know.

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackal View Post
    There were two stolen last week as far as I know.

Al
    Reformed character out early for good behaviour then, perhaps?

I dont think there is any evidence they successfully started it.
    The accomplice on the scooter sticks his foot out, pushes hard on the Triumph frame and away they both ride.

(Should a copper challenge them , they remove a helmet and thats the immediate end of the confrontation as the policeman withdraws.)

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen GS View Post
    I dont think there is any evidence they successfully started it.
    The accomplice on the scooter sticks his foot out, pushes hard on the Triumph frame and away they both ride.

(Should a copper challenge them , they remove a helmet and thats the immediate end of the confrontation as the policeman withdraws.)
    Do you have the same issues in Fife Stuart, or is bike crime still mainly in the larger cities?

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    Do you have the same issues in Fife Stuart, or is bike crime still mainly in the larger cities?

Andres
    For a reasonably accurate portrayal of criminality in Edinburgh and Fife, tuck into some of Ian Rankin's "Rebus" novels

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatScot View Post
    For a reasonably accurate portrayal of criminality in Edinburgh and Fife, tuck into some of Ian Rankin's "Rebus" novels
    I've read the first two or three (there are loads aren't there?) and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed them

Andres
    Doris doesn't give a fuck...be more like Doris!

All Triumphs have immobilisers now, but the Street Tiples of that ear do not. Not sure when it changed. My 2013 Tiger 800 has one, but I think similar vintage Striples may not.

A stolen motorbike ran down a 10yr-old.................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-40999885

"Police have renewed an appeal to trace the rider of a stolen motorbike involved in a hit-and-run which left a 10-year-old boy with serious injuries.
    The boy was "mown down" by one of two motorbikes which went through a red light on a pedestrian crossing on Ferry Road, Edinburgh, at 18:35 on Saturday.
    He is in a stable condition in hospital and was due to have surgery. "If you witnessed the incident take place, or if you have any information relevant to our ongoing investigation, then please contact police immediately.
    "Your help could prove vital."
    He added: "I want to reassure local residents and the wider Edinburgh community that we are treating this matter with the utmost seriousness and will continue to conduct a thorough and professional investigation until the suspect is brought to account for their actions."

They might just prioritise bike thefts now??

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

A stolen motorbike ran down a 10yr-old.................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-40999885

"Police have renewed an appeal to trace the rider of a stolen motorbike involved in a hit-and-run which left a 10-year-old boy with serious injuries.
    The boy was "mown down" by one of two motorbikes which went through a red light on a pedestrian crossing on Ferry Road, Edinburgh, at 18:35 on Saturday.
    He is in a stable condition in hospital and was due to have surgery. "If you witnessed the incident take place, or if you have any information relevant to our ongoing investigation, then please contact police immediately.
    "Your help could prove vital."
    He added: "I want to reassure local residents and the wider Edinburgh community that we are treating this matter with the utmost seriousness and will continue to conduct a thorough and professional investigation until the suspect is brought to account for their actions."

They might just prioritise bike thefts now??

Al
    I watched the Scotland BBC news at 6:30 and they didn't mention once that the bike was stolen. Thought it strange, almost as if there was an agenda going on in the TV editors mind, that motorbikes = bad therefore paint every bike story in that light.

And that bit of video ladies and gents just goes to show how easy it is to nick your pride and joy.

Angry

. . . . . . . They might just prioritise bike thefts now??
    Sad to say, but that was my first thought.

Feel really sorry for anyone who suffers because of low life scum.

Steve T

Yeah aye right somebody that buys a triumph n then rides about on it wi trackies n hoodies n trainers wearing a mx helmet fs they're needing to highlight the bike thefts on national TV or is it deliberate seeing as it's Scotland's capital n it's bad pubiicity for it ..seen on BMW gs UK fb page someone had posted up another gs stolen there..a black n yellow r1150 ..makes my blood boil that the news are covering up the thefts On all the adv bike n bmw groups Im on I post stay away from Edinburgh cos of the bike thefts ..a guy is touring europe n coming to UK on his gs and I warned him about the thefts in Edinburgh would hate to see him getting it stolen after the thousands of miles and countries he's been to to get it nicked in Scotland..

Arrest has been made for the crossing hit and run:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-41090162

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast