Timing differences between Basecamp and my Zumo 390

Harlequin.dave

Reaction score
I have planned a route on Basecamp, and transferred it to the Zumo 390 (both running the same version of Maps, and with the same settings), they show the same route (so all good so far)....

But the timings are different at the end of the day by nearly an hour (which I have narrowed down to about half way through).

I tried updating the route located on my SD card (whilst in the Zumo) and then importing, but still with the same result. It seems to be calculating again on import.

Has anyone experienced something like this and have any suggestions (other then throwing it out of the window). I suspect I've missed something and hope you can point in me in the right direction, to overcome my stupidity

Cheers
Dave:thumby:

It happens all the time, dont worry about it, when actually running the route the time to destination will be continually changing as you get closer or further away from destination.
It will be different across most routing software like google or bing or the michelin route planer

Thanks for feedback, normally wouldn't be concerned, but in this instance I leading a ride and need to give a reasonable indication of the arrival time back to the group of riders (some might not come if too late back....)

My challenge is which do I take to be closer to reality, Basecamp or the Zumo in terms of timings? Any thoughts..

Ultimately I suspect it will come down to riding the amended route again, but at circa 235-240 miles that's circa 8-8.5 hours (including comfort stops), so was hoping to aviod.

remember when using basecamp or mapsource you can set your speed up for different roads in options/preferences/activity profile, if it was me i would go with basecamp or mapsource and keep an eye on the time on your nav once on route.

remember when using basecamp or mapsource you can set your speed up for different roads in options/preferences/activity profile, if it was me i would go with basecamp or mapsource and keep an eye on the time on your nav once on route.
Agreed. My Zumo has a terrifyingly optimistic opinion on journey times. In reality I work on no more than 40 mph when away from motorways and dual carriageways. Around major urban areas maybe 20 mph.

Back
Top Bottom