TomTom App - Support Will be Lost In September

crotchrocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone else using TomTom on their iPhone ? got a message on it yesterday stating they are dropping support from the App as of September, so if IOS updates and doesn't support it from then on, tough. Considering it was £30 or so, its a bit of a shitter. They are moving to a TomTom Go app instead. As an existing customer they give you 3 years, but then you have to start paying for it. Maps for life my arse!

Especially unfortunate at present as the IOS version of the TomTom app is not as good as the Android version since it doesn't automatically download routes you have created on MyDrive or uploaded as gpx files, like the Android version does.

I had that offer from them a while ago and I moved to the TomTom Go app on my iPhone.

I don't find it very good.

Whilst I'm sure the mapping is ok, the interface seems difficult to manoeuvre around and I often give up and go to Google Maps (although I generally use a NavV on my bike)

I usd to prefer TomTom but cannot say the same now

I've used the app for years, certainly got my moneys worth. I was offered the free trial of the new Go and hated it, on a bike when navigating through built up areas its slow to respond to changes in direction and the search menu isn't as intuitive. I use it every day for work and I'm considering not upgrading iOS so I can keep using the old TT app

Back
Top Bottom