Thread: S1000XR Touratech Fork Cartridge Kit

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

S1000XR Touratech Fork Cartridge Kit

Another "first" for Rally-Raid Products & Torque Racing, as the UK sales & service centre for Touratech Suspension, was fitting one of the new electronic closed-cartridge fork kits to a local BMW S1000XR owner.
    The ESA damping control is only in the left leg of the BMW sports-tourer, and the upgraded closed-cartridge has been specifically developed by Tractive Suspension in Nederlands for Touratech Suspension to adress the harsh feeling from the front end of this popular model, due to the fact it has the same internal damping as the sports-orientated S1000RR.
    It was a fairly straight-forward job to remove the left fork leg, extract the OEM closed-catridge and take the spring off, before fitting the new TT cartridge and OEM spring.
    Apart from the main advantage of having much more progressive damping profiles to suit the sports-tourer rider, it also incorporates a hydraulic bump-stop, rather than the OEM rubber doughnuts, and a selection of plastic preload spacers to dial-in the correct static sag for rider weight.
    Our S1000XR rider, Bob, took his bike for a brief spin and returned with promising initial feedback, commenting on the plusher feel from the front.
    Hopefully, we will be hearing more from him over the next couple of weeks, once he has clocked up many more miles

Sounds interesting.....no mention of cost?

Do they do anything for the rear suspension yet? One of the reasons I got rid of my XR was the harsh suspension, coupled with my dodgy old back. I'd have another XR if there was a softer suspension option.

You need to shoe horn the Sthou engine into the GSA !

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Do they do anything for the rear suspension yet? One of the reasons I got rid of my XR was the harsh suspension, coupled with my dodgy old back. I'd have another XR if there was a softer suspension option.
    R1200GSA
    Triumph Scrambler 900
    Kawasaki Drifter

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    Now there's a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post

Yes, these are development parts, now ready for production, we may get a shock when we are over at Tractive soon if there is enough interest

Prices

We now have prices for both the TT closed-cartridge & rear shock for the S1000XR.
    The rear shock is available in both std & 25mm lowering versions. It is possible to slide the forks through the triples by 25mm to match the lowered rear shock, so that the bike is balanced.
    Because the new TT rear shock re-uses the OEM EPA unit, on the top of the shock, customers will be required to ship us their OEM shock in order for us to complete the change. The costs for this work are included in the sales price.

here is a link to the description & pricing on our website:

Fork Kit

Rear shock