New/old tyres received - URGENT

TheWitcher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just received parcel with my Anakee Wild set and noticed the tyres are made in 37/16 front and 30/16 rear.
What should I do now?
1cb4e821f9eed97a7c4b6bb3f1662b07.jpg
2a34303c79e23985ab0d197cd2aea6bc.jpg

Beggar !!!!!!

The rubber worm has probably got into them in the intervening weeks and is probably munching away separating the said rubber from the internal cords as I type
To make sure borrow a Doctors stethescope get into a quiet place and have a good listen all round them.:D:D:D:D:D:D:blast:blast:blast:blast

I think I have a packet of sausages in the fridge - that are older............... :rolleyes:

Al :D

I think that there is recommended a "shelf" life for dealers, (which I think is 3 years?) and a recommended change at a certain age - 10 years from manufacture for car tyres

I would think that it should be less for Bike tyres

I would check the ages from the date codes

1 year old isn't an issue in our climate. We had to watch for this type of thing out in the middle east though.

I don't why but when I first read this, my brain read it as "the middle ages"

Think I need a drink.

Just received a new tyre dated 26/13. Just over 4years old. I don't do big mileage and the current worn one has been on the bike close to 3years. What say you lot?

Just received a new tyre dated 26/13. Just over 4years old. I don't do big mileage and the current worn one has been on the bike close to 3years. What say you lot?

Depends where you got it from. My initial reaction would be not to accept it but if you bought it online you need to check the t&c and see if they say anything about tyre age.
I have used mytyres.co.uk in the past without problem but I still can’t figure out how tyres can be shipped from Germany and still be cheaper than buying in the UK. Older stock clearance would be one way.

Back
Top Bottom