Nav 6 decision time. Get a refund or persevere with pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I can remember that. It was in the last millennium about 30 years ago. I can also remember the very first time i switched on an iPad, 7 years ago (with way more software and functionality than a 2017 Garmin / BMW Nav by the way) and thinking to myself, 'Great. I get it. It just does what I expect and delights me with its simplicity and ease of use'. And passing it to my 88 year old father who has never sat at a computer in his life. He got it too.

I also refer you, predictably, to the iPhone, a device with much more software and way more functionality than a BMW Nav. Sold worldwide to people who have never used one before. It was designed in such an intuitive way that it doesn't need a set of instructions. And like google maps, a new user can 'learn it' in minutes (sat on the bog if required). In comparison the Nav 6 and it's second cousin, Basecramp have a whole heap of hidden tripwires caused by appalling User Experience (UX) design.
The tech world has moved on LeeDude, and many users no longer expect to have to struggle in this way.

Aptitude to learning is not the issue for users who are experiencing these difficulties. The issues are shit education from Garmin, shit UX design and shit Customer Experience. I still offer the challenge to anyone to point me towards properly structured and easy to use source of learning materials and information for this product.

Well said.:thumb

And like google maps, a new user can 'learn it' in minutes (sat on the bog if required). .

I did show you, a few posts ago, how you can take the output of your "google maps" ( good aren't they !) and have it up and running in your BMW NAV in just a few clicks.

The problem with you (and the "anti" NAV, anti "Basecamp" crowd) is that you are so angry, you dont listen!

Err FFS ,

on a thread about Nav 6 , he kindly posted; " Quick question about Nav 6 please.
Is anyone else finding that the twisty roller thingy on your clutch lever won't talk to the new Nav?
As you may have guessed - I'm a technophobe...."

You really are a sick miserable fuckwit if you have a go at him for that imho.

The bod can't be arsed to tell us what bike he is using. Whether it used to work. Quite what 'communicates means', we have no idea; for all we know it's failing to give him his fecking tyre pressures or how often he's changed gear or he can't turn up the volume when talking to his mum on the frigging phone. We of course are meant to extract these bits of information, like a dentist pulling teeth. It will probably turn out that matey has fucking great clumsy hands and keeps knocking the wheeel (it's a common numpty complaint) but until then he can try asking elsewhere.

Now, Stewart, fuck off....

I did show you, a few posts ago, how you can take the output of your "google maps" ( good aren't they !) and have it up and running in your BMW NAV in just a few clicks.

The problem with you (and the "anti" NAV, anti "Basecamp" crowd) is that you are so angry, you dont listen!

Fuck off, Stewart.

As Stewart the Troll has infested this thread, I'll close it.

If anyone wants to complain, the site owner's details are easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom