Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi bike insurance raping time

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by skid06 View Post
    Use the compare sites insure my 3 bikes for under £500
    Which comparison sites will allow multi bike, as the last ones I tried said to call to add additional bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by Popell View Post
    Have there been a lot of thefts (or a big increase in twoc.ing GS's) thought we may have heard about it on here if it actually is happening
    Yes. Plus the latest bike is a death trap, so they're covering themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunneruk View Post
    Yeah but the last one was before you moved to your new place??
    That's next door.

Right ... why the fuck am I getting bike insurance adverts in my posts ...... I'm pretty sure my subs haven't expired .....

BHT ....... BHT

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 17.55.07 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

Phone up good-old Barry from Bikesure - who because we are in UKGSer - will give us top rates, cos we are safer.....................

He's on every shagging forum, promising the same

Bikesure - the MFI of insurance.............. always having a sale.

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Forget multibike I do mine individual

Quote Originally Posted by skid06 View Post
    Forget multibike I do mine individual
    I've tried that as well!

Which online comparison sites will allow you to put more than one bike in?

I use compare the market rich use all my NCD on the panny GS is £119 Monster £100 Panny £168 all with different companies

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    I've tried that as well!

Which online comparison sites will allow you to put more than one bike in?
    Use two internet pages, or two computers at the same time?

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

It's that time again!

I've called MCE, Bennetts, Carol Nash, The Bike Insurer, and Principal Insurance.
    Hi Nutty,

Think yourself lucky you do not live in central London.

The majority of insurers will now not quote for bikes much beyond £10,000 in value, irrespective of being garaged, SD&P only, tracker and assorted other shit. The insurer of the BMW Motorrad scheme (Devitt chimps) has pulled out, no doubt having been toasted.

They'll quite happily insure a GT4 and Macan turbo parked on the road though.

Try Aegis, who I am talking to tomorrow, though you might need to go through a broker. And no, before you ask, I'm not a moataaaaaah (as it's pronounced) broker, mate.

ebike, too. All you have to do to be legal on the road is prove you have third party cover. If they don't pay your first party claim, kill them! Kill them all!

I had this ball ache in May when I went from a Tracer & R1200RS on a Devitt policy to a Tiger Explorer & R1200RS.

As Wapping says, few want to put two £12,000 bikes on a single policy.

I bit the bullet and took out a policy with C Nash for the 2 bikes from a date in May. I would let the Devitt policy lapse on 2/6/17. Triumph did me a big favour, as the bike failed the PDI and needed a part. So, I cancelled the CN policy before it actually started and had a full refund. CN kindly sent me a letter confirming my full NCB.

I renewed the BMW insurance as a separate policy using the Devitt NCB. Once I had a delivery date for the Triumph, I took out a separate policy using the CN NCB letter.

2 bikes insured on separate policies, both with full NCB. £300 or so cheaper than a multi-bike policy. CN & Devitt are no longer involved so should get away with it...
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Hi Nutty,

Think yourself lucky you do not live in central London.

The majority of insurers will now not quote for bikes much beyond £10,000 in value, irrespective of being garaged, SD&P only, tracker and assorted other shit. The insurer of the BMW Motorrad scheme (Devitt chimps) has pulled out, no doubt having been toasted.

They'll quite happily insure a GT4 and Macan turbo parked on the road though.

Try Aegis, who I am talking to tomorrow, though you might need to go through a broker. And no, before you ask, I'm not a moataaaaaah (as it's pronounced) broker, mate.

ebike, too. All you have to do to be legal on the road is prove you have third party cover. If they don't pay your first party claim, kill them! Kill them all!
    Ok, will give Aegis & ebike a try tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    2 bikes insured on separate policies, both with full NCB. £300 or so cheaper than a multi-bike policy. CN & Devitt are no longer involved so should get away with it...
    Until you need to make a claim!

Until you need to make a claim!
    that old chestnut - I have acted in complete good faith with 2 separate letters, with 2 different end dates, referring to 2 separate policies with 2 separate brokers via 2 separate underwriters and answered all underwriting questions asked truthfully...
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    that old chestnut - I have acted in complete good faith with 2 separate letters, with 2 different end dates, referring to 2 separate policies with 2 separate brokers via 2 separate underwriters and answered all underwriting questions asked truthfully...
    Fair doos.

I've been told that I can only use my NCD on one bike, unless I build up a new NCD on another bike policy separately.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Ok, will give Aegis & ebike a try tomorrow.
    I've got four bikes insured with e-bike (Z1300, KTM200, Bonnie T100 & Scrambler X) £390 all four and one (Triple Black LC) insured with Bennetts £196

I had two multi-bike policies running from years back when the Harley scheme insurer wouldn't let me stick a Rocket III on the same policy so they created a 2nd policy for the Rocket mirroring the maximum no claims I had with the Harley
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    2017 BMW R Nine-T Scrambler X
    1996 BMW R80 GS Basic
    1980 Kawasaki Z1300
    1962 BSA Gold Flash
    2002 Triumph Bonneville (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2001 Yamaha T-Max Mk1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast