Speed camera and traffic issues

Prawnini

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mine appears to have an intermittent fault where it stops giving me camera/traffic alerts, no reason for it and have all settings correct. Any ideas folks?

Is the Smart Link connection dropping, I've had this a few times so deleted smart link from my phone and just added my PocketGPSWorld database as POI's to the VI, traffic info I can live without :)

same issue what a bag of shit this nav 6 is none of the functions they sell it on works fucking crap

Mine also stopped giving me camera alerts this weekend. Connected to phone via smart link, and nothing. Subscription to speed cameras was renewed 2 weeks ago, and had been working fine previously.

Same. Useless in France.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get alerts for the POI’s I have loaded for Speed Cameras from Pocket GPS World, but mine has now stopped warning me of cameras through Smart Link, I’ve also lost the ability to browse music on the iPhone since upgrading to iOS 11.01 / 2. I just get the perpetual syncing data with Apple device message again.

I’ve done a Garmin Reset, reset and re-paired my UClear coms, and removed and re-established the BT connection from the phone, all without any joy.

I’m wondering if this is more a Garmin issue related to iOS 11 and them not updating the Nav6 firmware and Smart Link app accordingly.

I left it for 9 hours on Friday “syncing data from Apple device” and nothing. If I want to listen to bangin choonz, I have to start it on the phone.

pocketgps world is the way forward.

+1 and I have ‘lifetime free membership ‘ which is no longer offered. Easy to load the POI’s onto Nav, so that there’s no reliance on links .

please complain to garmin as i have 5 times now in the last few weeks more people lodge a complaint the better chance of getting sorted they still deny there is an issue

It eventually started switching screens and acting really bizarrely, took it back to Vines and they did a hard reset on Monday and said if that doesn't fix it bring it back.

Same issues, no camera alerts and kept switching screens again. They gave me a new one today so lets see if it happens again.

This time the music synced straight away but did not move with the tracks, camera alerts worked again. So far so good, and the graphics are definitely different on the newer model.

So I had mine replaced under warranty, all worked fine and better graphics etc than the old one too.

When started it up next day all speed camera stuff was not working, uploaded them again from Charmin Garmin at a cost of £13 then it all worked again this morning, then left work after a days hard graft and low and behold, the speed cameras have gone again grrrrrrrrrr.

I am truly losing it with this piece of crap, is anyone else's doing the same?

bugger mine started switching screens last week?,seemed to sort itself out and has been ok since,is this the beggining of the end of my nav 6?

Back
Top Bottom