Should I buy a Garmin 395 now or wait?

shready

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a BMW Zumo 550 and feel I need to replace it, as I am finding the redraw and storage capacity inadequate, for me.

I feel the 395LM is the one for me but I'm wondering if Garmin have a new device up their sleeves that will supersede it soon? To be frank I won't be using any sat nav in anger for a while but if the 395 is a current model for the foreseeable future I may as well shell out for one,

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be changing bike/sat nav et al early next year, so am now in the throes of shopping.....as far as the sat nav goes, I'm currently comparing the Garmin 595 & 395 to see why the 595 is circa £130 more expensive (probably has gold connectors in it :rolleyes:).

I currently have a Zumo 660 which has been very good for all my travels since I bought it....albeit the odd gremlin but everyone (with the exception of HRH Wapping :p) I know with a sat nav has experienced this @ some point.

I'll be changing bike/sat nav et al early next year, so am now in the throes of shopping.....as far as the sat nav goes, I'm currently comparing the Garmin 595 & 395 to see why the 595 is circa £130 more expensive (probably has gold connectors in it :rolleyes:).

I currently have a Zumo 660 which has been very good for all my travels since I bought it....albeit the odd gremlin but everyone (with the exception of HRH Wapping :p) I know with a sat nav has experienced this @ some point.

I think it is down to the larger screen from what I can see. I'm sorely tempted to press buy for the 395LM.

I think it is down to the larger screen from what I can see. I'm sorely tempted to press buy for the 395LM.

From what I've read the screen size is the same @ 5" on both models.....I can't see a massive amount of difference (no doubt someone will state differently) between the 2, so a 395 could be a good buy; I'm delaying a purchase of a sat nav until the infamous post xmas sales :D arrive

I'd ask Nutty for his expert opinion :D

From what I've read the screen size is the same @ 5" on both models.....I can't see a massive amount of difference (no doubt someone will state differently) between the 2, so a 395 could be a good buy; I'm delaying a purchase of a sat nav until the infamous post xmas sales :D arrive

I believe the 395 has a 4.3inch screen and the 595 has the 5inch. Amazon has a very good price on the 395 at the moment.

Correct....just found it :D

Well he has a Nav 6...so what's the 'Garmin' equivalent of that? :D

There isn't one yet, I think the 595 is the closest.

And with the Nav 6 @ £650ish :eek: & the 595 @ £530 ish....the 395 is a bargain :D

I pressed buy for the 395, life's too short to dither.

Luv my 395LM...

Highly recommend Jon...

Thanks Ash, it seems to do what I want.

I pressed buy for the 395, life's too short to dither.

is the correct response - I impulse bought a 390LM when it appeared on a Halfords bank holiday special - don't regret it after getting frustrated waiting for my old 2610 to update the screen

Back
Top Bottom