It's all over

Well, fcuk my old sea boots
You're full of the joys of spring, aren't you?
Did you just join this site to make your fifteen posts about Armageddon?
Or, is your bike purchase getting to you that badly?

Remind me what you drink or smoke, then I'll avoid it.. :D

He takes 'angry pills' as well.:D....I also suspect he's a sad character from here operating under a pseudonym.;)

Did you actually read my opening post or are you just a stupid person.
I suspect the latter, because if you had, you would have seen I clearly made mention of the Harley live wire.
DER
Oh dear.
Not the sharpest tool in the box are you, although you clearly are a tool.
Anyway, if there really is a future for electric bikes perhaps you, all seeing all knowing, could explain where they are.
I mean at a time when electric and mainly hybrid cars are well and truly established, where are the bikes from the large mainstream manufacturers.
Oh and please dont regurgitate the Harley.
It's still a concept and despite promises by Harley Davidson to have it in production a while ago, they haven't and never will.
So it's a simple question I ask you.
Bearing in mind hybrid and electric technology is now established, where are the sports, touring and mid size commuter bikes from the big manufacturers.
I really cant wait to hear your answer to that one.
Over to you LOL

They are on their way;

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/honda-confirms-electric-cub-next-year

In the meantime;

http://charged.io/best-electric-motorcycles/

Expensive but hey, they are around.
I met a cop in the USA a few years back and his daily mount was a Zero electric motorcycle
all tooled up with a holster for his gun (was going to say weapon but thought better of it :D )

Reminded me of that old Rush song that Neil Peart wrote (he's a serious motorcyclist).

Red Barchetta

My uncle has a country place, that no-one knows about
He says it used to be a farm, before the Motor Law
Sundays I elude the ‘Eyes’, and hop the Turbine Freight
To far outside the Wire, where my white-haired uncle waits

Jump to the ground
As the Turbo slows to cross the borderline
Run like the wind
As excitement shivers up and down my spine
Down in his barn
My uncle preserved for me an old machine –
For fifty-odd years
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream

I strip away the old debris, that hides a shining car
A brilliant red Barchetta, from a better, vanished time
Fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar!
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime…

Wind in my hair –
Shifting and drifting –
Mechanical music
Adrenalin surge –

Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Suddenly ahead of me, across the mountainside
A gleaming alloy air-car shoots towards me, two lanes wide
I spin around with shrieking tires, to run the deadly race
Go screaming through the valley as another joins the chase

Drive like the wind
Straining the limits of machine and man
Laughing out loud
With fear and hope, I’ve got a desperate plan
At the one-lane bridge
I leave the giants stranded
At the riverside
Race back to the farm
To dream with my uncle
At the fireside…

Paul Jenkins , you don't understood business do you ?
In the car world we witness Tesla calling the shots...
They are the ones who have made the investment in the manufacturing facilities, supercharger networks and obtaining intellectual and legal possession of the technologies.
Mercedes , Jaguar , GM BMW and other vendors might never catch up. Opinions vary.

It sound like you might not "recognise " electric bikes unless they have a Honda /Yamaha / Suzuki badge!
As other pointed out above , there is no obvious cure for your dark pessimism...perhaps go and spend some time with your GP.

Did you actually read my opening post or are you just a stupid person.
I suspect the latter, because if you had, you would have seen I clearly made mention of the Harley live wire.
DER...
Over to you LOL

Read you opening post again ... and couldn't see any mention of the Harley Livewire !

:blast

Read yesterday that 40% of German electricty is still generated by coal and they have closed all the nuclear power stations. Rest is powered by Putin gas supplies from Russia. Ever wondered why the Germans favoured the Ruskies? Polution in Stuttgart (home of Mercedes & Porsche) is way over EU limits, but strangely enough the Green Party in Stuttgart (they are in power) don't seem to complain about the automobile, strange eh? Good job the bikes are not diesel.

Read you opening post again ... and couldn't see any mention of the Harley Livewire !

:blast

Well I must apologize.
I made mention of the Harley live wire in my second post, which was still before you posted to suggest I didnt know about this bike, so my comment about you not bothering to read stands.
Anyway I notice you skillfully evaded the question I asked.
So again.
While pretty much all of the mainstream car makers have electric and hybrid cars in their range, why don't any of the mainstream bike makers.
Remember I'm not talking about scooters.
I'm talking about the types of bikes that might be used by people like us.
There is a parallel between this and the concept of diesel bikes many years ago.
Like Zero with their electric bikes, there were many smaller independents producing quite tasty diesel powered machines.
The mainstream makers did not follow, because they knew their was no future in it.
Well OK Honda did dabble with a 2 litre diesel goldwing, but that was shelved as quickly as it appeared in the press.
Same thing is happening today with electric bikes today.
A few smaller independents have had some success, but on the whole the big players aren't interested.
I mean come on.
Don't you think that if a small time operation like Zero can produce a passable full size electric bike, the likes of BMW and Honda couldn't easily take it to the next level and beyond, with the technology they can draw on from their car divisions ?
Of course they could, so why aren't they.
If a full size electric or hybrid bike makes it into mass production I'll eat my words, but I won't have too because that day will never come.
If I was wrong it would have happened by now.

Anyone else sense a conspiracy here? German car Manufactuers have dominated on perceived quality for a long time. They have massive fines levied and pending. They must redesign engine to actually meet specifications that they artificially influenced and set. They can't and their investment in tech is behind Asian competitors. Master stroke : if you can dominate the game then prepare and ch age the rules to level the play field.

Back
Top Bottom