Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speccing a new RT up

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    You can buy the bits to put a cubby hole on the right if you want, not cheap, but depends on the value you put on having it

Thats great info., definitely the USB lead on the RHS cubby hole I need (so +Radio).

I wonder when the 2018 Goldwing will get announced

RBW.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    just to confirm ....on a Non Audio bike you get a cubby hole on the left side. its small but takes an iPod MP3 player.
    on the Audio model, you get a usb lead connected into the bike and it says in the right cubby hole. To this plug in your music player. it can be selected on the Menu and the wheel operates the tracks. If you want to plug in an iPhone...you need the BMW iPhone to Audio system lead ,these are about £50 i think !!!! cheaper ones are available but not sure if the wheel recognises them .
    "The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better" - W1A

I'm also interested in ventureshield for protection on my Iconic, just never got time to get it done.

Forget all these Healthy Foods I need all the preservatives I can get!!!

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Top Box Lid Painting

Hi,
    I am waiting for my new rt to arrive,buying it from Rybrook,Wolverhampton,been waiting 7 weeks now.The upside is that it has given me time to get me Farkles ready when the bike arrives.
    I managed to find a used once only,fully wired 49 litre top box,from ebay.I have added the over priced bmw brake light at £148.00,it's easy to fit.
    I have also removed the lid cover,there is no need to take off the entire lid,just unscrew all the screws you can see on the underside of the lid,there you go,lid cover off,15 minutes work.Mines white bytheway.Hope this helps.

The problem I found when I wanted one of my panels sprayed, was a lot of paint sprayers are not keen tho get involved in water based paints.

I had the small top box on mine. A good compromise.

Nice one Likelylad, Im envious, and white is the most sensible colour to get given the pricing model. I wondered if there would be any 2018 updates, but looks like nothing imminent so no reason to wait (Im still procrastinating though).

RBW.
    "The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better" - W1A

Quote Originally Posted by richardbd View Post
    I had audio on my RT.

£1,000 is a lot of money for a radio and more complexity on the BT front - essentially you have to run two connections, one to the bike for radio and one to the satnav for GPS/MP3.

If you go non-audio, I wouldn't bank on a functional bluetooth link to the GPS if you use the Schuberth BT. Some will tell you it does work; my experience (with two Schuberth helmets C3 and M1) is that GPS works but MP3 music is intermittent.

At the moment I wouldn't touch a NavVI with a barge pole, no matter what bike or BT system - read some of the other threads on here. Strikes me instead of a group-buy, somebody should be organising a group-return!

And don't forget, no audio, no right-hand cubby hole...
    I can confirm, IMHO, that the NAV V1 is the most expensive lump of useless electronics that I have ever bought.
    You can buy the right hand cubby hole as a spare part. Which avoids having a usb cable from 12v socket on right to left hand cubby hole.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow-walker View Post

[*]Am I right to expect some compatibility issues for Bluetooth if I go for the Radio Setup (I have a Schuberth SRC system)
    Which one ? The C3 "neck roll one" ( incompatible with everything in the industry sadly ... YES) , or ( NO) the new C4 R2 one, made by a different manufacturer, which is compatible with everything ( imho).

I spent 3 days on an RT with my C4 R2 comms and it all worked fine ( whizz - wheel , voice commands, SIRI, ) the lot .....

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow-walker View Post
    I should probably try one, but the RT itch has been going a while. I assume the RS will be much better at filtering (which is the only worry with the RT).

RBW.
    Yep , and the RT looks shit with the panniers removed ( imho)

Its a problem ......

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Yep , and the RT looks shit with the panniers removed ( imho)

Let’s face it, it’s not the best looking bike out there, with or without panniers (imho)

Speccing a new RT up

Why not hire an RT to see if you really like it. Personally if I had £10000 to lose in depreciation I’d go fo a K16. At least it looks like a very expensive bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy toy View Post
    Why not hire an RT to see if you really like it. Personally if I had £10000 to lose in depreciation I’d go fo a K16. At least it looks like a very expensive bike.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy toy View Post

And then regret it for the rest of your ownership, instead of having a bike that really cuts it in everyday use.

I tapped into the radio and now have a lead to plug my Shure earphones into, the wheel works the volume control and MP3 track selection, also the radio.

I got fed up trying to get the Sena volume high enough, I think my Senas were faulty but Sena didn't agree so sold them.

Are you saying the RT is now a £20k bike ?? can only be good for second hand values.

Everyone has different tastes and requirements, so ignore all the 'this-or-that is shit!' comments and go with what you want/need

I just got my new RT this weekend.

Horses for courses, but I LOVE the look of the RT

I'd agree that radio is a bit of a waste of money - can't hear it over 50mph anyway, but if you like pottering around and listening to tunes, go for it - I'd have had it if it was (much) cheaper - if you can afford it, there is somethgin to be said for 'having all the toys'

I'm gonna get my seats and backrest re-upholstered in brown leather, like the Option 719 seats and get some chrome trim bits too

Contrary to others' comments, I LOVE the topbox - there's something about a carpet-lined, self-opening, internally lit, cavernous topcase of this quality that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I also have a white RT and love that too - contrary to other's options, it really doesn't look like a police bike (they've been covered in yellow and blue battenberg markings for years!) and I think it makes the bike look slimmer/lighter - I prefer to think it looks like a storm trooper

I'd agree that having the second right-hand storage compartment with USB would be useful, but not spec'd it for cost yet.

I went with what I want, not what others opinions told me I wanted and I'm very happy
    This is what I do all day... www.weareremo.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast