Speccing a new RT up

The problem I found when I wanted one of my panels sprayed, was a lot of paint sprayers are not keen tho get involved in water based paints.

Nice one Likelylad, Im envious, and white is the most sensible colour to get given the pricing model. I wondered if there would be any 2018 updates, but looks like nothing imminent so no reason to wait (Im still procrastinating though).

RBW.

I had audio on my RT.

£1,000 is a lot of money for a radio and more complexity on the BT front - essentially you have to run two connections, one to the bike for radio and one to the satnav for GPS/MP3.

If you go non-audio, I wouldn't bank on a functional bluetooth link to the GPS if you use the Schuberth BT. Some will tell you it does work; my experience (with two Schuberth helmets C3 and M1) is that GPS works but MP3 music is intermittent.

At the moment I wouldn't touch a NavVI with a barge pole, no matter what bike or BT system - read some of the other threads on here. Strikes me instead of a group-buy, somebody should be organising a group-return!

And don't forget, no audio, no right-hand cubby hole...
I can confirm, IMHO, that the NAV V1 is the most expensive lump of useless electronics that I have ever bought.
You can buy the right hand cubby hole as a spare part. Which avoids having a usb cable from 12v socket on right to left hand cubby hole.

[*]Am I right to expect some compatibility issues for Bluetooth if I go for the Radio Setup (I have a Schuberth SRC system)

Which one ? The C3 "neck roll one" ( incompatible with everything in the industry sadly ... YES) , or ( NO) the new C4 R2 one, made by a different manufacturer, which is compatible with everything ( imho).

I spent 3 days on an RT with my C4 R2 comms and it all worked fine ( whizz - wheel , voice commands, SIRI, ) the lot .....

Why not hire an RT to see if you really like it. Personally if I had £10000 to lose in depreciation I’d go fo a K16. At least it looks like a very expensive bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why not hire an RT to see if you really like it. Personally if I had £10000 to lose in depreciation I’d go fo a K16. At least it looks like a very expensive bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And then regret it for the rest of your ownership, instead of having a bike that really cuts it in everyday use.

I tapped into the radio and now have a lead to plug my Shure earphones into, the wheel works the volume control and MP3 track selection, also the radio.

I got fed up trying to get the Sena volume high enough, I think my Senas were faulty but Sena didn't agree so sold them.

Are you saying the RT is now a £20k bike ?? can only be good for second hand values.

Everyone has different tastes and requirements, so ignore all the 'this-or-that is shit!' comments and go with what you want/need

I just got my new RT this weekend.

Horses for courses, but I LOVE the look of the RT

I'd agree that radio is a bit of a waste of money - can't hear it over 50mph anyway, but if you like pottering around and listening to tunes, go for it - I'd have had it if it was (much) cheaper - if you can afford it, there is somethgin to be said for 'having all the toys'

I'm gonna get my seats and backrest re-upholstered in brown leather, like the Option 719 seats and get some chrome trim bits too :)

Contrary to others' comments, I LOVE the topbox - there's something about a carpet-lined, self-opening, internally lit, cavernous topcase of this quality that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I also have a white RT and love that too - contrary to other's options, it really doesn't look like a police bike (they've been covered in yellow and blue battenberg markings for years!) and I think it makes the bike look slimmer/lighter - I prefer to think it looks like a storm trooper :)

I'd agree that having the second right-hand storage compartment with USB would be useful, but not spec'd it for cost yet.

I went with what I want, not what others opinions told me I wanted and I'm very happy :)

Just for clarity, if you have the audio, you only need to have BT to the bike, you do not need to connect to the Nav as well. So if you want Nav, you put the audio on, or if you don't want music, put the audio into aux mode and Nav will come through the bike BT link. The down side is if you want Nav instructions this way, you always have to have the audio on, so no digital speed on the dash.

Also most people who spec the audio do not listen to it through the speakers, they use BT headset to listen.

Only if you have BT headset.
I still use Autocom wired systems. So I have a (autocom) switch, to select between the bikes' speakers or the intercom. Works well.

I have a '15 RT with audio and can actually hear the Nav without the audio on just by using a different BT channel, most BT headsets have multiple channels nowadays. I use a Cardo Q3 and here is is what I do.

Without Nav V installed:
1. BT Headsets to Bike (Channel 1)
2. BT Headset to Phone (Channel 2), to answer calls I use the headset button or vox command
In this set-up the Nav instruction would only work when the audio is on, as mentioned above.

With Nav V installed:
1. BT Headset to Bike (Channel 1)
2. BT Headset to Nav V (Channel 2)
3. Nav V to phone, to answer calls I need to use the Nav V interface
In this set-up the Nav instructions would work independently of the audio, so you can see the digital speed on the dash when the audio is off.

Indeed I mainly use the BT Headset for the audio as it is just more convenient, when I am touring sometimes I use the loudspeakers but they are pointless above 50 mph anyway.

I think there is a way to hear the Nav through the loudspeakers but I never bothered looking into it.

I have a '15 RT with Audio and can actually hear the Nav without the audio on just by using a different BT channel, most BT headsets have multiple channels nowadays. I use a Cardo Q3 here is is what I do.

Without Nav V Installed:
1. BT Headsets to Bike (Channel 1)
2. BT Headset to Phone (Channel 2)
In this set-up the Nav instruction would work only when the audio is on, as mentioned above.

With Nav Installed:
1. BT Headset to Bike (Channel 1)
2. BT Headset to Nav V (Channel 2)
3. Nav V to Phone
In this set-up the Nav instruction would work independently of the audio, so you can see the speed on the dash when the audio is off.

Indeed I mainly use the BT Headset for the audio as it is just more convenient, when I am touring sometimes I use the loudspeaker but it is pointless over 50 mph anyway.

Yes, but a lot of people want their Phone connected directly to the BT headset and not the Nav V. So that takes up the second channel. That is why you use Nav through the audio. The phone connection to the Nav V is dodgy at best and clarity sometimes is crap. I have my phone connected directly to my BT headset as I ride different bikes with different sat nav, it makes it more flexible.

Back
Top Bottom