heated grips, OEM v Oxford

LBL

Reaction score
guys as in the title just trying to gauge some opinion.

At present working on a deal with Dobles, £380 for OEM and what i can see the oxford grips are about £85 plus fitting.

Its a pre reg model and im hoping the problem with coldish heated grips has been sorted.

Also negotiating centre stand and crash bars and spots, will need bar risers, lowered pegs and a sargent seat as well :blast

By all accounts they're still not very good. Mine has Oxford one and are excellent, I got half of my centerstand and the 8000 mile service inc parts in my deal. The standard seat is actually very very good

I've got the OEM grips on mine (Jan 2017) - they are rubbish. They don't get very hot and the switches are prone to falling apart. The switch is mounted on a plastic ring that goes round the bars on the inside of the left-hand grip. I've had one switch replaced, which involved sitting in the dealers for 3 hours while they removed the tank to replace it :blast. The new one is also starting to come apart. I'm going to ask for them to be removed and replaced with the Oxford grips.

Buy the Oxford ones! IMO only of course :)

By all accounts they're still not very good.

Not by my account (2016 Euro 4 model). Stage 2 warms up real fast and stage 1 puts out plenty of heat - any warmer would be too much.

Now, whether you shell out that much for OEM if the Oxfords are good is another matter, but don't be put off by stories of poor performance from the factory jobs, cos it simply isn't the case on the late 16 models.

Thanks all,

got them thrown in for free as well as the centre stand and bars and spot lights heavily discounted. :thumb2

Result! Once you've tried them out, post again - it would be interesting to hear your verdict.

I'm sure there most be 2 factories knocking out GSs, cos my factory grips get very hot and Magnet's clearly don't. My gearbox is really smooth, others moan about theirs, etc, etc. If my GS was as crap as some folk here seem to think theirs is, it'd be gone and I would move on - I certainly wouldn't be spending my time on here rubbishing the thing.

ok guys,

OEA grips work fine and get hot, ive put grip puppies on now which will of course impact on the heat but im sure they will be fine.

ok guys,

OEA grips work fine and get hot, ive put grip puppies on now which will of course impact on the heat but im sure they will be fine.

Might not be a bad thing - I did a chilly Buttertubs Pass crossing yesterday morning in summer gloves and the OEM grips, even on low setting, were only just bearable! If the original LC factory grips weren't hot enough, they certainly are now.

Well at £260 quid a pair versus the oxford ones at around £58 they better be! lol I'd prefer built on as opposed to oxford etc but they are sold at steep price... 2 sleeps to test ride to convince me I want one though..
PS Are the non OE grips wired direct to battery, as in forget to switch them off and its flat batt?

Do none of them have an inbuilt off mechanism?

That's what I meant. Yes, they can be wired directly to the battery as they have this sensing circuit in-built. After couple minutes they go into sleep mode (blinking LED) and then turn off completely.

Brill. Cos i am not paying 400 quid fo fitted honda heated grips even if they look nice!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's why I went for the Kosa Apollo. I got the 130mm and trimmed them with a razor saw to get a nice clean edge. Integral switch makes them look very OEM. However they are very warm and have five heat levels. Inside my Givi muffs I can wear summer gloves and have them on the lowest setting and still get very warm.

Has anyone got a set of OEM heated grips on the AT that work and put out a reasonable amount of heat?

Magnet’s switch has fallen apart for the second time and when I recently borrowed her bike in cold weather the heat generated by the grips was pitiful.

Honda UK have agreed to replace them again but dont accept they’re not ‘fit for purpose’ so refuse to refund or fit alternatives. Email ping pong ongoing!

Has anyone got a set of OEM heated grips on the AT that work and put out a reasonable amount of heat?

Magnet’s switch has fallen apart for the second time and when I recently borrowed her bike in cold weather the heat generated by the grips was pitiful.

Honda UK have agreed to replace them again but dont accept they’re not ‘fit for purpose’ so refuse to refund or fit alternatives. Email ping pong ongoing!
Koso warm for me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom