Thread: Zumo 395 bike mount

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Zumo 395 bike mount

I've just got myself a Garmin Zumo 395LM and fitted the supplied Garmin mount to my bike yesterday.

I tried it out on my journey to work today around the M25 and everything worked pretty well, a few niggles that I will mention in another thread.

What struck me though was the supplied bike mount, it held the device fine and didn't move at all but I kept having visions of it pinging out of the mount and dropping to the floor to be driven over by the following traffic.

Am I worrying unnecesarily or do others feel the same?

No worries with mine, unit clicks in very positively. Ridden around 10,000 miles with it mounted no problems.

It is very rare that a device pops out of its cradle. There are very few, if any, reports on these pages of devices going flying whilst hooning and / or bimbling. There are though thousands on "My device / Garmin is crap", which leads me to think that, had lots of not fit for purpose devices last been seen hurtling to oblivion past the rider's shoulder - or bouncing off the master hooner's expanded gut and then into the path of a juggernaut in vast numbers - we'd have read about it.

There are of course lots of threads on, 'Bad men will steal my device whilst I chill with likeminds. How best do I whack a six inch nail through it to secure it to my awesome steed?" Which, though not directly relevant to your concern, might - if secured with 15cm of sharpened steel - alleviate the worry of it wobbling loose and departing to take up its new life in the central reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by jefformston View Post
    No worries with mine, unit clicks in very positively. Ridden around 10,000 miles with it mounted no problems.
    Mine clicks in fine too. Glad it stays that way afgter so many miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    It is very rare that a device pops out of its cradle. There are very few, if any, reports on these pages of devices going flying whilst hooning and / or bimbling. There are though thousands on "My device / Garmin is crap", which leads me to think that, had lots of not fit for purpose devices last been seen hurtling to oblivion past the rider's shoulder - or bouncing off the master hooner's expanded gut and then into the path of a juganaut - in vast numbers, we'd have read about it.

There are of course lots of threads on, 'Bad men will steal my device whilst I chill with likeminds. How best do I whack a six inch nail through it to secure it to my awesome steed?" Which, though not directly relevant to your concern, might - if secured with 15cm of sharpened steel - alleviate the worry of it wobbling loose and departing to take up its new life in the central reservation.
    Very true, my previous GPS units have always had Touratech locking mounts that prevent the unit coming free. I wasn't keen to shell out £130 + on one for the 395.

I've done over 20k miles with a 350LM and the only trouble I've had is with the supply wiring.
    I had one pinched once but that was my own fault - I parked up and left it on the bike. I don't do that anymore.
    Grrrizzly

I use a little self adhesive pad from Maplins on my 340LM as like you I was bothered it would come loose. My main concern was a 3000 mile Euro trip where I kinda relied on it. All i have done is put the self adhesive pad ( smaller than a postage stamp) and hooked a camera lanyard through it. I loop the lanyard through the tab and wrap it around the bike mount. Pm me your postal adress and I will pop a pad in the post to you foc.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve hughes View Post
    I use a little self adhesive pad from Maplins on my 340LM as like you I was bothered it would come loose. My main concern was a 3000 mile Euro trip where I kinda relied on it. All i have done is put the self adhesive pad ( smaller than a postage stamp) and hooked a camera lanyard through it. I loop the lanyard through the tab and wrap it around the bike mount. Pm me your postal adress and I will pop a pad in the post to you foc.

Steve
    Thanks Steve, just PMed you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk