Thread: S1000RR starting problem

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

S1000RR starting problem

Used the S1000RR for the commute this morning and pulled in for fuel. Went to get back on the bike and it wouldn't start. It basically only had enough battery to turn the crank the engine once, then it died. I left it 20 mins to cool down and then it was fine again.

I'd noticed a few weeks ago a similar thing, where I stalled it and it only just had enough power to start it again.

Is this likely to be just a new battery, or is it something more serious? I can't understand why the bike cooling down would 'recharge' the battery, but I do remember having this with a ZX12R and replacing the battery fixed it!

Quote Originally Posted by sagalout View Post
    Used the S1000RR for the commute this morning and pulled in for fuel. Went to get back on the bike and it wouldn't start. It basically only had enough battery to turn the crank the engine once, then it died. I left it 20 mins to cool down and then it was fine again.

I'd noticed a few weeks ago a similar thing, where I stalled it and it only just had enough power to start it again.

Is this likely to be just a new battery, or is it something more serious? I can't understand why the bike cooling down would 'recharge' the battery, but I do remember having this with a ZX12R and replacing the battery fixed it!
    This is certainly the time for battery’s to die . Hopefully nothing else
    Freedom of speech and thought matters, especially when it is speech and thought with which we disagree. The moment the majority decides to destroy people for engaging in thought it dislikes, thought crime becomes a reality.
    Ben Shapiro

Yeah, this was back in August. I replaced the battery with a Lithium-ion one and its been fine since

Quote Originally Posted by sagalout View Post
    Yeah, this was back in August. I replaced the battery with a Lithium-ion one and its been fine since
    ahhh i should have seen the date of the post . thats good . think ill replace mine went it goes , with the same
    Freedom of speech and thought matters, especially when it is speech and thought with which we disagree. The moment the majority decides to destroy people for engaging in thought it dislikes, thought crime becomes a reality.
    Ben Shapiro

Be careful with a Lithium Ion battery.... They hate the cold.
    For the last couple of weeks my bike has been a pig to start in the mornings.
    The lippo battery does not like cold starts.
    I've found the best way is to switch everything on, spots, high beam, heated grips.
    Give it a go, then leave it while I put on one glove.
    Give it another go... battery a little stronger, leave it again while I put my other glove on.
    Usually fires up third time round with what sounds like a really strong battery.
    Once the electrolysis process starts happening in the battery it gets stronger.
    "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." —Norman Schwartzkopf

Quote Originally Posted by Blowzorn View Post
    Be careful with a Lithium Ion battery.... They hate the cold.
    For the last couple of weeks my bike has been a pig to start in the mornings.
    The lippo battery does not like cold starts.
    I've found the best way is to switch everything on, spots, high beam, heated grips.
    Give it a go, then leave it while I put on one glove.
    Give it another go... battery a little stronger, leave it again while I put my other glove on.
    Usually fires up third time round with what sounds like a really strong battery.
    Once the electrolysis process starts happening in the battery it gets stronger.
    Interesting .
    Ben Shapiro