TFT screen and Bluetooth

So being lazy and not wanting to scroll back searching. Who make the tft screen is it bosch. My local dealer said it was some Italian company and not bosch?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm confused about a feature, on my tft the brightness is set in the menu, 60% as standard, but on the latest BMW offer. It's written.
"Featuring an innovative high luminance information display design, the 6.5" TFT full colour screen attractively displays several lines of text and graphics as well as useful information. The entire instrument unit is controlled by one photocell and lights up automatically by night fall or inside tunnels. "

I can't say I've ever seen mine change, have they changed something already?

...Who make the tft screen is it bosch. My local dealer said it was some Italian company and not bosch?

As far as I know, it's the same BOSCH unit KTM use.

It's the BMW System 7 helmet that has been farmed out to an italian helmet manufacturer (but was engineered in house by BMW). Previous one was made by Schuberth.

I'm confused about a feature, on my tft the brightness is set in the menu, 60% as standard, but on the latest BMW offer. It's written.
"Featuring an innovative high luminance information display design, the 6.5" TFT full colour screen attractively displays several lines of text and graphics as well as useful information. The entire instrument unit is controlled by one photocell and lights up automatically by night fall or inside tunnels. "

I can't say I've ever seen mine change, have they changed something already?

My TFT is also set at 60%, which is adequate for any setting, and I don't notice the brightness to change when I go from dark to light, like in a tunnel, as is the case for the Navigator 6 for instance. Not sure what they did exactly but, readability wise, this display is brilliant (pun intended).

As far as I know, it's the same BOSCH unit KTM use.

It's the BMW System 7 helmet that has been farmed out to an italian helmet manufacturer (but was engineered in house by BMW). Previous one was made by Schuberth.

My TFT is also set at 60%, which is adequate for any setting, and I don't notice the brightness to change when I go from dark to light, like in a tunnel, as is the case for the Navigator 6 for instance. Not sure what they did exactly but, readability wise, this display is brilliant (pun intended).
Thanks for that I have the ktm myself aswell and we all seem to be having the same problems with them too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Don't know if Bosch actually makes the screen but it is all Bosch software on it, as said the same as the KTM range. At least ktm don't charge extra for something that doesn't work properly!

Same experience here but with Nav IV and Sena SMH10. The Media setting does give me music, but as you said the controls for selecting music are a joke. The display is a lot easier to read than the old analogue one, so that is good, but paying £600 for a load of features that don't work or are so basic as to be useless is rather galling. Perhaps there'll be a software update at some point. I live in hope.

Hey Specs.

I was wondering how you have got on with the TFT screen and your Sena SMH10?

I picked up my Rallye TE yesterday with TFT. Paired SMH10. Music fine. No audio on phone calls. GRRRRR.

Sales guys were stumped.

Did you manage to sort it now?? OR did you change headsets???

Thanks mate.

I gave up on the Senna and got myself a Shure SE215 Bluetooth headset. It all works now except for the volume control, although I rarely use it! Have given up on the Senna. Maybe this apparent upgrade next month will help.

I gave up on the Senna and got myself a Shure SE215 Bluetooth headset. It all works now except for the volume control, although I rarely use it! Have given up on the Senna. Maybe this apparent upgrade next month will help.

Totally get that. My mates use Sena, so if I changed I wouldn't be able to communicate with them :(

Also, my dealer said this..... but i am not sure I believe him..... incidentally, what mobile phone do you use?

"I have been speaking to BMW about the Bluetooth issues and it may be more to with iPhone X, which apparently there is an update due very very soon. I will find out the exact details and come back to you. "

Cheers, lets keep each other posted!!

Want to go out on my bike sooooo much... weather today was SHITE!!!

Have finally got this to work.
Sena 30 k
I phone SE
Navigator 6
On starting the bike it takes a while for it to all connect and if you walk away out of range (like to close the garage door) it won't connect.
I can make phone calls, listen to music and get directions from the nav.
Its far from faultless but getting there.

Everything works perfect on my Sena 10R, makes and receives calls, music is spot on, I can pause,play skip channels, streaming internet radio through the iphone is brill
not tried the nav although that works unlike the KTM's waiting for their update.
I can't recommend it enough.

Everything works perfect on my Sena 10R, makes and receives calls, music is spot on, I can pause,play skip channels, streaming internet radio through the iphone is brill
not tried the nav although that works unlike the KTM's waiting for their update.
I can't recommend it enough.

Did you setup your Sena 10R following the 'multipoint' instructions? Or just paired it as normal and that was it???

I will look up the spec differences between the smh10 and 10R and see if there are hardware differences.....

Makes me wanna cry!!!!

(I am jealous by the way!!!!!)

Just normal, phone 1 paired to my TFT on my sena, phone 2 on my sena is a pmr radio SR10. Not bothered about Nav6 voice.
Iphone 6 to the Tft, everything works.Switch on the bike and the SR10, power up the 10r and everything just conects.
If I've stopped for a break on the bike and restarted the bike then the iphone even restarts straming the internet radio I've been listening to via the TFT multi controller.
Cant see the issues with the Sena system,I've got a Neotec2 on order with the Sena Shoei SRL system which is even better than the 10R as it Audio multi-tasks, I'll report on that when we get them.

Have finally got this to work.
Sena 30 k
I phone SE
Navigator 6
On starting the bike it takes a while for it to all connect and if you walk away out of range (like to close the garage door) it won't connect.
I can make phone calls, listen to music and get directions from the nav.
Its far from faultless but getting there.

Does the volume work via the wonderwheel ?

No thats the only thing that doesn't work.
You can us the wonder wheel to go to the next track but no volume control.

No thats the only thing that doesn't work.
You can us the wonder wheel to go to the next track but no volume control.

What devices do you use Andrew789?

Also, makes me a little cross that there is no volume control..?! Whaaaat??!?!

Just normal, phone 1 paired to my TFT on my sena, phone 2 on my sena is a pmr radio SR10. Not bothered about Nav6 voice.
Iphone 6 to the Tft, everything works.Switch on the bike and the SR10, power up the 10r and everything just conects.
If I've stopped for a break on the bike and restarted the bike then the iphone even restarts straming the internet radio I've been listening to via the TFT multi controller.
Cant see the issues with the Sena system,I've got a Neotec2 on order with the Sena Shoei SRL system which is even better than the 10R as it Audio multi-tasks, I'll report on that when we get them.

Thanks for the info Mick.
So you are getting a helmet with Sena built in? Am I understanding that right?

Yes please do keep us posted!

Sena 30k headset.
I phone SE.
Nav 6.

Maybe I just need to ditch the smh10 and get a 30k.

I tried again last night to get it all working together. Drove me potty!!!

My setup is;

Sena SMH10
iPhone X
Nav V
(TFT Screen)

But I kept the Nav out the system to simplify it.

Maybe I will try a different phone as the dealership think its the phone at fault!! LOL!!!!

Don't know if it will help but I didn't connect the Sena to the I Phone.
Just connected the phone and Sena to the TFT.
The TFT is connected to the Sena as a Phone.
Hope this makes sense.

Yep, tried that already!!!!! lost the will now!! i'll have have a pretty looking TFT!!!

Back
Top Bottom