TFT screen and Bluetooth

I have an F4MC, but I thought the menu settings were the same. On mine when I go into set up I don't get a choice of Intercom or Anycom when I go into pairing mode. As I scroll through the options I get options to do an "Anycom Search", followed by an "Intercom Device Search". The next option is "Pairing Mode", when I go into this mode it says "From phones Bluetooth menu, search for devices, and select Interphone", this mode is for connecting either a phone or a GPS device.
It sounds like your menu options may be different or you've not gone to the correct menu option.

One word of warning, since updating the software it seems I have lost the ability to hear sound from a BMW Nav V when playing music, I suspect the A2DP driver in the new software is not compatible with the Nav V, it appears to connect to the Nav V OK and I can start the music I just can't hear it! I can still hear camera warnings and Sat Nav instructions though (I don't think these use A2DP).

Cheers

Bob

Hmmmmmm, I have now completed the Firmware Update from Interphone on my F5MC.

Went out filled with optimism and switched on the bike, scrolled to Settings - Connections - add Helmet (and I can see F5MC on the screen) and thats as far as i can get! it doesn't seem to matter which pairing option I go for it simply won't have it.

Next step....

Call the dealer (Cotswold Motorrad); "Is your helmet paired with your phone?"
Me: "Yes!"
Dealer: "Delete it and try again."
Me: "Oh! Ok. And if it still doesn't work, can I bring it in for a software update?"
Dealer: "Well you can but it'll cost you."
Me: "Really? Whys that? I thought that if there was a problem it should be free!!?
Dealer: "Er' no. BMW only guarantee the TFT with BMW kit."
Me: "Hmmmm, let me try and follow what you've suggested and if it doesn't work, we can argue about the cost etc after."

Next Step - Delete phone from interphone connection. Result - Won't Pair!

Nest Step - What about if I delete the phone from the TFT and then try to pair the helmet. Result - SUCCESS! F5MC paired.

Next Step - Try and re-pair phone to TFT - Result - SUCCESS!

Next Step - Check phone makes calls - YEP!
- Check Helmet plays music - Yep!
- TFT Nav voice prompts - Yep!

So far so good. Havent tried with my Nav V yet but TBH if it does - Bonus. If it don't I'm still a very happy chappy.

MM

Been trawling through all 17 pages and this is my conclusion.
TFT version is 001_018_040 and problem still exist for my phone calls not working.

I have derived that Sena SMH10R (and by definition Nexx X.Com) still does not/will not work for making/receiving phone calls via TFT.
Had lengthy correspondence with Sena on this, but I am about to give up as there is a huge language barrier in our communication.

My Nexx X.Com works with the Nav V though, so as an interim I can make/receive calls through it, but I don't always have my Nav connected on my daily commute.

From all my pairings I discovered that the A2DP protocol (Phone Pairing & Media Selective Pairing) are the only options that connects with the TFT. The other pairings (Phone Selective Pairing and Multipoint Pairing) doesn't connect on the TFT as I assume it uses the HFP protocol.
So, does the TFT switch protocols when phone calls come into play or is it something in the A2DP on the TFT that is causing this? What is in A2DP in Bluetooth 3.0 vs 4.1 that makes it different?
Nav V does work with Sena/X.Com using the same Phone Pairing A2DP protocol. So I tend to think it is not the Sena, but BMW that is causing this breakdown.
Also music & streaming works just fine from the TFT.

Been trawling through all 17 pages and this is my conclusion.
TFT version is 001_018_040 and problem still exist for my phone calls not working.

I have derived that Sena SMH10R (and by definition Nexx X.Com) still does not/will not work for making/receiving phone calls via TFT.
Had lengthy correspondence with Sena on this, but I am about to give up as there is a huge language barrier in our communication.

My Nexx X.Com works with the Nav V though, so as an interim I can make/receive calls through it, but I don't always have my Nav connected on my daily commute.

From all my pairings I discovered that the A2DP protocol (Phone Pairing & Media Selective Pairing) are the only options that connects with the TFT. The other pairings (Phone Selective Pairing and Multipoint Pairing) doesn't connect on the TFT as I assume it uses the HFP protocol.
So, does the TFT switch protocols when phone calls come into play or is it something in the A2DP on the TFT that is causing this? What is in A2DP in Bluetooth 3.0 vs 4.1 that makes it different?
Nav V does work with Sena/X.Com using the same Phone Pairing A2DP protocol. So I tend to think it is not the Sena, but BMW that is causing this breakdown.
Also music & streaming works just fine from the TFT.

I have the same TFT software version and my iPhoneX and Sena SRL in a neotec 2 work superbly. I deleted all pairings on TFT and Sena. I switched helmet off. Paired iPhone to TFT. Paired Sena to 1st riders helmet by holding centre button for 10 seconds until it enters configuration menu. Paired it to first phone paring in than menu and everything just worked. Phone, Music via Spotify on phone and Connected App Nav instructions. I paired phone with Nav 6 but I then went into that pairing and turned everything off in the phone setting on Nav 6 as that stopped TFT working. This just left me with the data connection from phone to Nav 6 for live traffic and cameras, etc. I reckon I will be able to pair Nav 6 to another channel of helmet to get spoken directions but currently that’s my only issue. Sound quality is excellent just make sure you turn volume up fully on phone before storing and for phone, take a call when you can turn volume up fully in call as it’s the Bluetooth volume you have to turn up while in the call. That volume is stored so it’s a one-off. The only thing the BMW helmet gives over this is volume from the wheel. That just doesn’t seem to work with my non-bmw set up. Hope this helps people

Evening all

Does anyone know what the latest firmware version is for the bike/TFT screen?

Evening all

Does anyone know what the latest firmware version is for the bike/TFT screen?

The latest version I have seen so far from anyone is 001_018_040.

I am due for an update first week of next month so will let you know what I have then. I am currently on 001_015_090

The latest version I have seen so far from anyone is 001_018_040.

I am due for an update first week of next month so will let you know what I have then. I am currently on 001_015_090

Thanks.

My GSA is the same version as yours.

Has anyone with the Scala packtalk bold or slim to work with the TFT for phone calls?
My older unit scala works for NAV and music but not calls.

Thanks

Is there any noticeable difference?

Sorry for the delay responding, I just wanted to give it a bit longer to see for certain. Overall, I think there are some improvements; graphically it looks very slightly different, with a couple of cool features (the temp display turns blue when it drops below 3 degrees C - although it might have always done that - today was the first time it got down to 2 c since i've had it) some of the transitions between menus look a little funkier, but the main thing is that so far, it seems to hook up with my iPhone and Cardo Q1 (which I'm told wouldn't ever work properly) fairly well. I can scroll through music (even with cover art) and it shows the phone book etc. However, calls seem to be slightly erratic. I have made a couple fo calls successfully, but then had a couple just fail to connect. Certainly it is an improvement but I wouldn't say it's 100% there yet. Bear in mind however that my old Cardo Q1 was never supposed to work, so actually, on balance, I'm pretty happy!

Off to Hilltop on Saturday for more updates... :hide

Sorry for the delay responding, I just wanted to give it a bit longer to see for certain. Overall, I think there are some improvements; graphically it looks very slightly different, with a couple of cool features (the temp display turns blue when it drops below 3 degrees C - although it might have always done that - today was the first time it got down to 2 c since i've had it) some of the transitions between menus look a little funkier, but the main thing is that so far, it seems to hook up with my iPhone and Cardo Q1 (which I'm told wouldn't ever work properly) fairly well. I can scroll through music (even with cover art) and it shows the phone book etc. However, calls seem to be slightly erratic. I have made a couple fo calls successfully, but then had a couple just fail to connect. Certainly it is an improvement but I wouldn't say it's 100% there yet. Bear in mind however that my old Cardo Q1 was never supposed to work, so actually, on balance, I'm pretty happy!

Off to Hilltop on Saturday for more updates... :hide
Same phone, headset set up as mine. But I have not tried connecting either to the TFT as I thought the Q1 would not work (it is ok through the Nav V).
May give it a go later and if it doesn’t work, will request the update.

I like the sound of Hilltop.

Just to clarify what the issue is with the phone, it all looks like it’s working (select a name from the phone book, dial a number or see an incoming call and pick it up) it’s just that there’s no sound in either direction so - as a phone, that’s a bit of a drawback.

One other thing that has improved though is that the fuel range is no longer stuck on a max of 161 miles :)

(...and I’ll let you know how I get on at Hilltop)

What version of bluetooth is your Cardo Q1 running? Bluetooth 2, 3 or 4?
My logic is it is not because Bluetooth 4.0 is required by TFT for it to work, because BMW helmet system uses Bluetooth 2.0.
And Bluetooth 3.0 (in my case) similar to yours, why is everything else working except the phone audio? If audio was the issue, music audio should not have worked either.

What version of bluetooth is your Cardo Q1 running? Bluetooth 2, 3 or 4?
My logic is it is not because Bluetooth 4.0 is required by TFT for it to work, because BMW helmet system uses Bluetooth 2.0.
And Bluetooth 3.0 (in my case) similar to yours, why is everything else working except the phone audio? If audio was the issue, music audio should not have worked either.

I'm not sure what version of Bluetooth the Q1 is, and I don't know where I'd find that out. (Here's the manual, if that helps: http://www.gpscentral.ca/manuals/Scala_Rider_Q1_Owner_Manual.pdf)

But yes, I am baffled as to why the sound from everything else is perfect, but there is just silence when I use my phone to make a call. (Interestingly though, when I tested this in the driveway at home it worked. But - could this be something to do with the fact that my phone was on the same Wifi network as my better half's, and we were probably using EE's Wifi calling?)

I'm not sure what version of Bluetooth the Q1 is, and I don't know where I'd find that out. (Here's the manual, if that helps: http://www.gpscentral.ca/manuals/Scala_Rider_Q1_Owner_Manual.pdf)

But yes, I am baffled as to why the sound from everything else is perfect, but there is just silence when I use my phone to make a call. (Interestingly though, when I tested this in the driveway at home it worked. But - could this be something to do with the fact that my phone was on the same Wifi network as my better half's, and we were probably using EE's Wifi calling?)
You need to register here http://community1.cardosystems.com/signup and use a pc to check for updates when the unit is plugged in.

Bought a GSA 2018 , tft nav 6 , going out of my head with the phone connection to the f5mc no sound , even deleted all connections on tft and just used the sat nav to phone and receive alls fine till I tried music only want to play to one headset at a time , if I could get that to work I'd be happy , any info appreciated

Bought a GSA 2018 , tft nav 6 , going out of my head with the phone connection to the f5mc no sound , even deleted all connections on tft and just used the sat nav to phone and receive alls fine till I tried music only want to play to one headset at a time , if I could get that to work I'd be happy , any info appreciated

Have you deleted all pairing on the F5mc as well before repairing with the TFT? I have only triedit with a Sena before, but I had to clear all my pairing on all my devices and then re-set them all up.

Make sure the Interphone has the latest software update, as mine wouldn't connect to the TFT on my KTM properly, but once I did the update, it worked perfectly. I know you have a GSA, but the TFT's are all made by Bosch, so it's the same system. ;)

Make sure the Interphone has the latest software update, as mine wouldn't connect to the TFT on my KTM properly, but once I did the update, it worked perfectly. I know you have a GSA, but the TFT's are all made by Bosch, so it's the same system. ;)

as above update the interphone,mine works fine with nav 6 phone and interphone tour since it was updated

Just for info if it hasn't already been said the current update for cardo Packtalk is 4.2, with this installed all works fine. If you have a nav6 remember to pair it as a Nav and not a phone or it will delete the pairing to the TFT. For Nav pairing start as with the TFT but rotate the volume wheel toward the back of the helmet.

Back
Top Bottom