My little R80G/S project

MiGSel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm done for now, my little G/S is ready for duty :)

Before:

11957075-M.jpg

6 months, 9000 kilometers and many garage hours later:

23963574-M.jpg

In travel mode:

23963528-M.jpg

Find the xx differences :D

s_thumbs.gif
Special thanks to all helping hands & minds!
s_thumbs.gif
(you know who you are)

Let the questions commence...!

Hi Migsel, very nice looking mods and I am sure there is loads of work there that can't quite be seen on the photos...

Where could I find an engine bash plate like yours and what are the front forks you have fitted, later GS Marzocchis or something else...???

When you get a couple of minutes, a list of the mods you have done would be appreciated..

Good looking bike you have there. :clap :clap :clap :clap

Cheers,
Charlie

Thanks Charlie :)

The bash plate is off an R100GS, with a few bits cut away to provide room for the center stand springs.

The forks are R100 also. The slightly unusual bit is that I used the lighter R80G/S front wheel in that fork, with a custom made front axle, an R100GS disk with spacer ring and a K1100 caliper.

The cockpit is from Touratech, the stainless steel rear frame & pannier rack is custom made, so I can use my 1150 TT panniers.

The seat is the standard item with some chunks cut off and a new cover.

If you want to see more detail, the high res pics are on my smugmug.

Cheers,
Michel

Nice job on the panniers - what can are you using there?

It's an Arrow that used to look like this:

14281359-M.jpg

The funny thing that MiGSel didn't tell you is that having spent countless hours working on this project and not to mention countless Euros - he's trailering it down to Hechlingen next week to do the 3 day off road BMW enduro course so he's gonna destroy it all in a weekend :D

I bought it and I have been rebuilding to do some off-roading so I think it would be silly to take the course on a different bike.

If it gets scratched or dented in Hechlingen that's no disaster. As long as I don't wreck it completely :D

Migsel,

Very, very nice!! Great looking machine you've got there.
Who did you get to make your rear sub-frame? was it expensive?

have fun riding it
Stu

Thanks Stu,
I have already had a lot of fun riding it. Since I bought it last November I have put about 9000 km on it. It has never been off the road for more than a few days. And now that it looks a bit more finished it can only be more fun to ride :)

The subframe was made by another Belgian guy who calls himself CrazyIvan. He knows what he is doing, he has made a few similar ones before. But he doesn't do it for money. And I don't blame him, because it took 2.5 days to make it, with a mate of his and me helping.

I made a deal with him because he wanted some airhead parts that I had. So I supplied the stainless material and he did the work in return for the parts. If you want something like it, CrazyIvan frames are imitated by Gletter in Germany ;).
But that's without the custom pannier racks of course :)

Cheers,
Michel

Back
Top Bottom