Thread: Babysitting an 07 Guzzi 1100 Breva

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Babysitting an 07 Guzzi 1100 Breva

It's a long story so I won't bore you with details. I've currently taken charge of looking after a 2007 1100 Breva for a Guy in New Zealand, called Andy. he's a very good friend, of a very good friend of Micky's, which was good enough for me to help him out. He is a NZ resident, and a Major in the NZ army, but wants to come back to the UK once a year and ride his bike around Europe. Hence he needed somewhere to keep it rather than in his Grans cold damp garage.

Anyhow, we agreed that I'd give it a run occasionally to keep it ticking over, so seeing as it hadn't had a run since he came back from Ireland on Friday thought I'd best give it a spin.

What can I say, it was without doubt the nicest running Guzzi I've ever ridden. Absolutely spot on fueling, very light clutch, super smooth gearbox, and very quite running. It's just been serviced at Moto Strada, don't know if this is anything to do with it but it was an absolute joy to ride.

Big problem though. How the hell am I going to keep myself off it. It's only done 14k miles, maybe it needs running in a bit more

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinkleyowlie View Post
    It's a long story so I won't bore you with details. I've currently taken charge of looking after a 2007 1100 Breva for a Guy in New Zealand, called Andy. he's a very good friend, of a very good friend of Micky's, which was good enough for me to help him out. He is a NZ resident, and a Major in the NZ army, but wants to come back to the UK once a year and ride his bike around Europe. Hence he needed somewhere to keep it rather than in his Grans cold damp garage.

Anyhow, we agreed that I'd give it a run occasionally to keep it ticking over, so seeing as it hadn't had a run since he came back from Ireland on Friday thought I'd best give it a spin.

What can I say, it was without doubt the nicest running Guzzi I've ever ridden. Absolutely spot on fueling, very light clutch, super smooth gearbox, and very quite running. It's just been serviced at Moto Strada, don't know if this is anything to do with it but it was an absolute joy to ride.

Big problem though. How the hell am I going to keep myself off it. It's only done 14k miles, maybe it needs running in a bit more
    Good one Steve ... and thanks on behalf of our very very good friend

.... she called for coffee this afternoon and we spoke of this

Thanks

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

very decent of you....

my mate sold his 1100 last year to buy a k1600glsssfgxcbdr something or other... he did some miles on it and very much regrets selling very capable bikes....as long as you remove the centre stand....

That's what friends are for

Retired from Riding but making a come back on a triumph steamer

2008 motoguzzi sport (for sale)
    1986 4/4 Morgan
    1968 mobylette

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkleyowlie View Post

The Gearbox and fuelling are very good on my 2009 1200 Sport but the clutch is very heavy, is it hydraulic on the Breva like my Sport?
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB