Babysitting an 07 Guzzi 1100 Breva

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's a long story so I won't bore you with details. I've currently taken charge of looking after a 2007 1100 Breva for a Guy in New Zealand, called Andy. he's a very good friend, of a very good friend of Micky's, which was good enough for me to help him out. He is a NZ resident, and a Major in the NZ army, but wants to come back to the UK once a year and ride his bike around Europe. Hence he needed somewhere to keep it rather than in his Grans cold damp garage.

Anyhow, we agreed that I'd give it a run occasionally to keep it ticking over, so seeing as it hadn't had a run since he came back from Ireland on Friday thought I'd best give it a spin.

What can I say, it was without doubt the nicest running Guzzi I've ever ridden. Absolutely spot on fueling, very light clutch, super smooth gearbox, and very quite running. It's just been serviced at Moto Strada, don't know if this is anything to do with it but it was an absolute joy to ride.

Big problem though. How the hell am I going to keep myself off it. It's only done 14k miles, maybe it needs running in a bit more :green gri

It's a long story so I won't bore you with details. I've currently taken charge of looking after a 2007 1100 Breva for a Guy in New Zealand, called Andy. he's a very good friend, of a very good friend of Micky's, which was good enough for me to help him out. He is a NZ resident, and a Major in the NZ army, but wants to come back to the UK once a year and ride his bike around Europe. Hence he needed somewhere to keep it rather than in his Grans cold damp garage.

Anyhow, we agreed that I'd give it a run occasionally to keep it ticking over, so seeing as it hadn't had a run since he came back from Ireland on Friday thought I'd best give it a spin.

What can I say, it was without doubt the nicest running Guzzi I've ever ridden. Absolutely spot on fueling, very light clutch, super smooth gearbox, and very quite running. It's just been serviced at Moto Strada, don't know if this is anything to do with it but it was an absolute joy to ride.

Big problem though. How the hell am I going to keep myself off it. It's only done 14k miles, maybe it needs running in a bit more :green gri

Good one Steve ... and thanks on behalf of our very very good friend :thumb

.... she called for coffee this afternoon and we spoke of this :thumb

:beerjug:

very decent of you....

my mate sold his 1100 last year to buy a k1600glsssfgxcbdr something or other... he did some miles on it and very much regrets selling very capable bikes....as long as you remove the centre stand....

The Gearbox and fuelling are very good on my 2009 1200 Sport but the clutch is very heavy, is it hydraulic on the Breva like my Sport?

Back
Top Bottom