New K 1600 - good deal

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not familiar with UK dealers, interested to hear where can I get a good deal for K 1600 in the South East or thereabouts. Guess its the same question as asking how long's a piece of string...... :D

I got a good deal a couple of weeks ago for a K1600 GT Sport with all the bells and whistles from Cannon in Braintree, Essex. Man to speak to is Adam Paris. I think make sure you know what you want to pay (be real), I couldn't get first service off him, but I did get an extra £100 off the deal we had agreed. I was happy. Maybe I could have pushed for more off but I was pleased with the deal. In total I got close to £700 off the list price. There was a bike in the show room which was dearer than ordering a new build bike. Arrives end Sept.

Ridiculous putting a 1600cc 6cy engine in a motor Bike ....... just barmy

Intoxicatingly smooth. Fabulous sound, great acceleration.
The best weather protection. Stable as a GS during mid corner bumps.
Not much to criticise.
New colours are an improvement, I still dislike the C3PO look alike engine and the "6" childish branding all over the place.

What's the maximum size engine they should put in a motor bike ?

car engines are getting smaller, lighter and more powerful

maximum size should be restricted to 800cc to force manufacturers to build more efficient, (but equally as powerful) Bike engines

after a few years it should then be reduced to 500cc

if you look at the bhp (per tonne) that smaller engines pump out there is no need for bigger engines, especially on a motor Bike ....... totally stupid and just a ego stroker ... they do "nobody any good" ....... totally idiotic, primitive even

I got a good deal a couple of weeks ago for a K1600 GT Sport with all the bells and whistles from Cannon in Braintree, Essex. Man to speak to is Adam Paris. I think make sure you know what you want to pay (be real), I couldn't get first service off him, but I did get an extra £100 off the deal we had agreed. I was happy. Maybe I could have pushed for more off but I was pleased with the deal. In total I got close to £700 off the list price. There was a bike in the show room which was dearer than ordering a new build bike. Arrives end Sept.

What spec did you buy? Having seen your KTM shopping list I'm very interested to know what the must have mods are.

+1 for Cannons great team and you will get a deal from Adam they will look after you.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

car engines are getting smaller, lighter and more powerful

maximum size should be restricted to 800cc to force manufacturers to build more efficient, (but equally as powerful) Bike engines

after a few years it should then be reduced to 500cc

if you look at the bhp (per tonne) that smaller engines pump out there is no need for bigger engines, especially on a motor Bike ....... totally stupid and just a ego stroker ... they do "nobody any good" ....... totally idiotic, primitive even

You'll not be getting a 1600 then?

Motorrad Dundee gave me one as a courtesy bike yesterday.
I have always dismissed them as a "bit of a barge".
I had a whale of a day on it. So easy to ride. So much torque the gears can be irrelevant at times! The engine is very quiet but the exhaust note is like being followed by a bevvy of sport bikes. I loved it........ but my GS is staying :D

I had a whale of a day on it. So easy to ride. So much torque the gears can be irrelevant at times! The engine is very quiet but the exhaust note is like being followed by a bevvy of sport bikes. I loved it........ but my GS is staying :D

My thoughts exactly. I suspect I rode the same bike....(Did you try the radio/speakers?)
Stunning sound, great weather protection and I discovered you can even filter on it !

I'm thinking about getting one and keeping the GS.

I like the black and brown colours ( once the top box is removed ) http://www.motorcycle-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/P90268432_highRes.jpg

Thanks all. Braintree looks like being the closest for me. Will drop Adam a line. ...and no, my GS is not being sold. I'm keeping this one.
I am still deciding with my 1997 BMW RC 850 Cruiser which only has 22K KM on the clock is ridden maybe once a year and is in mint condition......Not sure what I can expect to get for it.......

looks tooo big to me and to long!!!

Assuming you are talking about the K1600 and not your new boyfriend's appendage, give one a go. You'll be surprised at how well and easily the bike handles, belying its 320 kg weight.

Back
Top Bottom