Off Road Morocco April 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtonMoon

Reaction score
Anyone fancy a off road trip to Morocco April 2018 ?

I’m running a trip into Morocco again in April 2018, I have space for three more bikes in the van, total of 6 riders.

Depending on how many riders want to do their own thing and how many want to trail ride there is the possibility to run a second van.
This is not an organised or guided trip this is me taking a van and bikes to Spain and getting us to Morocco, once there you can do as you please, I will be following routes from this year and 2015/16 plus some from Morocco Overland by Chris Scott you are more than welcome to join us. There will be 10 days of riding in Morocco. Normally, we have two rest days were you can either hang around the hotel pool (bar) or wander around the town.

What is the Cost of getting your bike there?

Costs will be split equally between all of us, the estimated cost is £750 each, and anything left will be split and returned to each rider. Obviously the more riders we get the cheaper it becomes.

This gets your bike transported to Spain (and back) and includes two nights stay in Algeciras, one night when we get there and one night when we return. When you are in Morocco you’ll pay for your own food and accommodation, I will pre-book hotels, I plan to get us a room each.

You will have to pay for your own flight and ferry crossing to Morocco.

Flights into Gibraltar for April are currently less than £100 return, this will increase the later you book. It’s a short taxi/bus ride to our Hotel.

Ferry into Morocco is normally £60-80 return, same applies the later you book the more it is.

Insurance, you can buy at the port, this year mine was 66 euros for ten days.

Hotels. Budget £35-£55 per night, this normally includes at least breakfast and in some cases evening meal. I will try to pick nice hotels and get a deal, but it all depends where we are.

Drink. Most places we stay will have a bar, but you’ll be more interested in food and sleep than having a night on the drink.

Who is it for?

Anyone really, like I said this is not a guided tour, you’ll need a map (and the ability to read it) and preferably a Sat Nav, that way you can decide if something is too hard or too tame you can do your own thing. If you are following us you should have some basic off road riding experience, the routes aren’t all straight flat trails but at the same time you don’t have to be a mountain goat. We ride slow and steady, but if you want to blast off you can.

What bikes?

Well this is all down to space, I can’t take large bikes like a GSA 1200.

This year we had a KTM 690, KTM 500, CCM 450 and a Chinese thing before that we had 250 Yam, CCM KTM’s GS 650 so a small to midsized adventure bike.

You’ll need some sort of luggage system, hard or soft panniers which should be packed put removed from the bike so that we save on space, boots, helmets, body armour etc.. will all go in the van, plan it so that all you carry on your flight is hand luggage.

You’ll need to supply your own ratchet straps, min of 2 but 3 or 4 would be better. Once your bike comes to my factory in Essex (CM3), it will be secured in one of our units all safe and sound. Paul R and I will load the bikes in the van and I will drive them to southern Spain (Paul R is riding with us).

What are the Dates?

We will get the 8am ferry from Algeciras to Tan Med, Morocco on Monday 2rd April 2017 we will get the return ferry at 2pm on Thursday 12th April. You must book this yourself on line currently £60.00 Last year we were able to get an earlier ferry so switching times is no problem.

Go on you know you want to!!!

Cheers Mark M

:bounce1:bounce1

I know I want to .... Unfortunately my Africa Twin rebuild project is currently just a sorry looking frame waiting to be powder coated, I'm well behind on the project - :blast

Anyone thinking of going, don't think about it for too long!! This year was a real hoot, despite me have a sense of humor failure - :dabone £750 is a bargain to get your bike there and back, and both Mark and Paul are great guys.

I know I want to .... Unfortunately my Africa Twin rebuild project is currently just a sorry looking frame waiting to be powder coated, I'm well behind on the project - :blast

Anyone thinking of going, don't think about it for too long!! This year was a real hoot, despite me have a sense of humor failure - :dabone £750 is a bargain to get your bike there and back, and both Mark and Paul are great guys.

Cheers for that. If you remember you said that last year! Ferry is booked and I've remembered it's a bank holiday so big rush to get back to Santander the ferry back to Portsmouth is on Monday, so that gives me an extra day in that nice hotel in Algeciras.

Flights and ferry booked .... despite all my protesting it looks like I'm joining you again - :blast

Lets just stop mentioning the food stealing incident, I'm over it now, and want to be friends with Toddy the Terrified again.:beerjug:

We'll look after you Toddy, unless you steal my food and then you will neck deep in the sand - :D

Well thank you kind Sir, I will make sure I don't on both counts! :beerjug:

Lets just stop mentioning the food stealing incident, I'm over it now, and want to be friends with Toddy the Terrified again.:beerjug:

:beerjug:

Sorry Toddy the Riding god:blast

Ha, I doubt the words riding and God would ever be used about my efforts off road, but going on those trips with you and Tim last year definitely made me want to do more trail riding so I joined the TRF, bought a little WR250F and I've been going out on the odd weekend.
Still crap, but less crap than last year I hope, still fall off and hurt myself, but all part of learning experience, and still get the occasional moment of being terrified but have lots of fun too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom