Retro fit Hill Start Control

Been out practising today, tried everything, unless I squeeze the brake lever again I still either stall it or pogo off like a demented kangaroo, my mate loves his, I must be doing something wrong.......

The dealer who demoed it to me had quite a hard time getting it right.

Having read the 9 pages of this thread, I'm now of the opinion I'm going to wait until I upgrade the bike and it comes with it, in probably 2019.

Unless my health were to dictate that it becomes vital, as it seems to be a bit hit and miss.

Just had mine done.
Had it on my RT as standard and found it invaluable and used it all the time. It was the only thing I really missed when moving back to the GSA. I find it even more useful on the GSA than the RT.

Still unable to figure why BMW wouldn't just include it as standard from the factory (as with the RT) after all if it's just a software update.

Depends how you ride and use your bike, for me it's money well spent.

Dealer is fitting one to mine while it’s being serviced Saturday, the just of the software patch is £174 then there is another charge for installing and checking imposed by the mother ship being it up to £213.

Had the first proper ride out today since having the Brake Assist enabled, with a passenger. I went up to Gaucin from Manilva , and then from there onto some B roads in the Mountains. As many have said, just give it a few more revs than normal, and pull away with confidence and all was fine. You have treat it, as it is not there, with just a tad more revs than normal and all was fine. Expensive but for me I will definitely use it on all my rides, so for me worth it.

Thanks to all that have posted.......:beerjug:

Had a very interesting chat with the service manager in the Norwich BMW Motorrad dealership and he said my 2016 R1200GS Triple Black can be retro fitted with HSC, he also said that my local dealer should be able to do it despite them saying my bike can't have it done.

He was telling me that if you just put in the chassis number of the bike it won't come up as being compatible, the bike has to be plugged in to their diagnostic computer and it will then come up, they have recently enabled HSC on a 2014 GSA.

By the look of it a lot of us can possibly have this useful addition enabled on our bikes :thumby:

Having read the 9 pages of this thread, I'm now of the opinion I'm going to wait until I upgrade the bike and it comes with it, in probably 2019.

Unless my health were to dictate that it becomes vital, as it seems to be a bit hit and miss.

I've managed without it for as many years as I've been riding, so I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

I've managed without it for as many years as I've been riding, so I certainly wouldn't pay for it.
Great contribution. To balance the thread, I've managed without it for as many years as I've been riding, but I certainly might pay for it.
Alan R

Great contribution. To balance the thread, I've managed without it for as many years as I've been riding, but I certainly might pay for it.
Alan R

Good for you. Free choice and all that, eh? :thumb

I actually contributed earlier, but it seems people wanted to pay a chunk of cash for something that is a basic bike control skill that they struggle to perform. Free choice and so I didn't feel the need to have a snarky follow up comment. But since you led by example, I'll follow ;)

Good for you. Free choice and all that, eh? :thumb

I actually contributed earlier, but it seems people wanted to pay a chunk of cash for something that is a basic bike control skill that they struggle to perform. Free choice and so I didn't feel the need to have a snarky follow up comment. But since you led by example, I'll follow ;)
To continue your line of pointless non informative contributions I offer this crucial gem: I own a motorcycle but I don't own a dog. Great eh!
Alan R

Hi;

I am trying to have it installed on my 2016 GSA ( with ABS Pro) but it doesn`t show as possible at the dealer's computer... Perhaps you could share with me your service manager's email and, hopefully, he could provide instructions on how should our local dealership proceed to have it installed.

Thanks,

Andre
andre@avaprojecta.com.br

Just had mine done, didn’t go in first time, had to do a software update, then had to be done through ISTA not ISTA’P hope that helps.

It will be a cold day in hell before I spend £200 on a code to unlock software that's already on the bike.
No matter how useful it is it's a bloody rip off and the more people buy it the more we will get our legs lifted in future.

It will be a cold day in hell before I spend £200 on a code to unlock software that's already on the bike.
No matter how useful it is it's a bloody rip off and the more people buy it the more we will get our legs lifted in future.

I agree, they should be giving it to us to compensate for the time and money we are losing going back and forwards getting the forks recall sorted.

Hill start control.......Walk away from the fucking bike now, you are not fit to fucking have it, if you cannot control a motor vehicle in the most basic of ways, then you have no right to a licence to drive any vehicle......You only need hill start control if you are disabled.
You fucking morons.

Hill start control.......Walk away from the fucking bike now, you are not fit to fucking have it, if you cannot control a motor vehicle in the most basic of ways, then you have no right to a licence to drive any vehicle......You only need hill start control if you are disabled.
You fucking morons.

Amen ...

Back
Top Bottom