wiring in your sat nav

LBL

Reaction score
I'm picking my bike up on wednesday and will need to wire in my sat nav, searched and searched and cant find anything on line at all. I am having a 12v socket on the bike so could wire in via that ( i konw DavyF has done that ) but would really prefer to hard wire it.

So has anyone done it and if so how.

All help appreciated :thumb2

I am completely unfamiliar with the AT; however, if it's got a pilot bulb in the headlamp then just piggyback the satnav wiring onto the bulb connectors, voilá switched power :thumb2

Behind the clocks there is a plug that has a blanking plug on it, in it is 4 wires Blue Silver, Blue, Red/Yellow and a Green one
The Red/Yellow is a 12v switched Positive from the Ignition
The Green is Earth

Wire the Nav to this and hey presto sorted

Id Meter the cables just in case Mr Honda has changed the colour code from my previous 2016 bike

Thanks AB

I've seen the vids, spoke to a tec yesterday and also said I cud splice into the 12v socket 👍🏼

I have wired mine back to an Eastern Beaver power supply under the seat.

This is what I would like to do if I do go ahead and get a new bike. Albeit, mine isn't an eastern beaver fuse block. Its just a durite coupling box with fuses, after a relay and fuse. Where did you connect your power for the beaver/relay to turn on? (IIs it safe to assume that it does not go direct to the battery??)

Fitted a fuzeblock under the seat, switched supply as the power/usb socket I fitted has blue led backlight which I didn't notice till killed my battery when wired direct :mad:
As the battery is a pisser to get to it made sense to me, ran decent cables so possibility to jump if the battery packs in at any stage.:nenau

I used the custom cables purchased with the PC-8. It is a tight fit but there is a good fitting guide for the AT on the Eastern Beaver site.

I'm picking my bike up on wednesday and will need to wire in my sat nav, searched and searched and cant find anything on line at all. I am having a 12v socket on the bike so could wire in via that ( i konw DavyF has done that ) but would really prefer to hard wire it.

So has anyone done it and if so how.

All help appreciated :thumb2

I always wire sat navs directly from the battery because I don't leave them on the bike when they're not being used and find it irritating if they turn off every time you switch the ignition off.

Hi guys. I want to do something similar. Powering a home made fuse block, via a relay, from the under seat 6 way connector. Basically that will give me switched power to my relay and fuseblock. All devices will then in turn run back to my switched fuseblock and get power. So I have now seen this connector that plugs into the 6 way connector (and price is negligible) but just wondering why they offer both female and male parts of the connector, if the 6 way is already connected. Surely I only need the second part (I assume male) to wire my relay to. Or am I missing something obvious ? http://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00c...-5d1c-407e-8207-580e14387ec5/Products/SU6P090

Think they just sell as a matching pair, I took a switched supply from the fuse's under the seat to the Fuzebloc which is sat next to it via some scotchlock

Back
Top Bottom