Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R.I.P. Dyna.... now a softail.

Muggle brained fuckwit Click here to find out how to Subscribe Doris's Avatar
    Deep in the Forest amongst the little people..
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    You lot are a bit like the 1150GS guys v 1200GS guys I reckon

Seriously though (and I agree with your sentiments) I reckon HD will get broader/mass market appeal with these bikes and sell more, QED, I mean even Arsey says he likes them. HD couldn't care less about the guys in here who aren't into replacing the bike every three years on PCP.............it's the future.

Andres
    Sad but true.................except they may have misjudged the US market.......a lot of their "clients" are old farts like us...having a younger marketing team aim at a younger market may be their downfall............
    Att's Fan Club- Old C**t - Senile Member.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Tricky's Avatar
    I like the look of the new range.

Looks like some nice stuff in there for a change.

Not everyone wants to be a boring old fart prattling on endlessly about how fantastic their old bike is - in between breaking wind, emptying their catheter bag and arguing over a game of shove ha'penny.

Oh and an oil change on the Gay Rod is one type of oil instead of faffing about with three on the Twin Cam.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe redrick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
    By the time I have thought about buying one, started a thread for advice and guidance, let it get to 180 million pages before finally making my mind up not to bother they will be well sorted..
    Fixed
    Just a Prospect at the moment

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe att's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I like the look of the new range.

Looks like some nice stuff in there for a change.

Not everyone wants to be a boring old fart prattling on endlessly about how fantastic their old bike is - in between breaking wind, emptying their catheter bag and arguing over a game of shove ha'penny.

Oh and an oil change on the Gay Rod is one type of oil instead of faffing about with three on the Twin Cam.
    Like you will keep it long enough for an oil change You are funny as fuck when you want to be....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Rob Farmer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
    By the time I buy one, they will be well sorted..
    This is what goes wrong apparently. It looks more like quality control than a design issue - unless the parts were torqued correctly and subsequently work loose

"The piston oiling jets in the crankcase....2 castings and 4 screws.....and guess what they are not torqued to spec (finger tight) so they work loose extra oil pumped into crankcase causing hydraulic lock....the heat generated by this melts the dip stick......"

FWIW I think there are some good looking bikes in there:

- the touring range all look pretty decent to me
    - the new softail frame looks good and the Fat Boy/Deluxe definitely works
    - the Heritage looks much better for being de-blinged (if that's a thing?)
    - the Fat Bob is also a winner, and I think the headlight suits it

I think the loss of the Dyna option is a real miss though, and the Street Bob is dreadful. 2019 will probably see a massive upgrade on the Sportster range and I expect that will fill the void left by the Dyna.

None of this will affect me. If I had the money to upgrade I'd just spend it on the current Glide and expensive wine.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Clifton's Avatar
    After seeing HD's "all new" models I believe they will continue to struggle and their market share shrink. I have a mind to buy a current Sportster (Roadster) before they fuck that line up.

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe twizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
    After seeing HD's "all new" models I believe they will continue to struggle and their market share shrink. I have a mind to buy a current Sportster (Roadster) before they fuck that line up.
    We don't get our hands on them until late September.... see you are not Impressed?
    Coming Soon: "Sands of Time" .... A Dali based homage to a Sand Racing Evo....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Clifton's Avatar
    I haven't seen them in person and don't know if they are on dealers floors or not, I suppose they are.

Not really. Personally I've always liked the traditional two-shock Dyna line, it really did need upgraded frame and suspension then of course add the new M8. Softails compromise too much function for style for my taste but lots of people buy them so whatever.

Rumor is Polaris/Indian are working on much more than just tweaking their Touring and heavy cruiser line ups. Come on Harley, keep making your traditional line of heavy cruisers and Tourers but you better get some people thinking outside the box.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123