R.I.P. Dyna.... now a softail.

The tank reduction is a bit odd.... The street bob tank looks too small for the bike IMO

Having looked through the range on their website today I can't see any bike there that appeals to me at all.

I thought the touring models (Ultras, Road Kings etc) used the same frame as Dyna's.
Will Dyna/touring frames still be produced? Or will it be touring models with Softail frames.:confused:

I thought the touring models (Ultras, Road Kings etc) used the same frame as Dyna's.
Will Dyna/touring frames still be produced? Or will it be touring models with Softail frames.:confused:

Touring and Dyna frames are different.

They have merged the dyna and Softail models into a brand new Softail frame ... The suspension unit runs under the seat now rather then under the rear end...

Ive a friend who's a Harley mechanic in the States. he has a bench full of failed M8 engines all failed around 5-6k

Id wait for them to sort the issues out before buying.

Ive a friend who's a Harley mechanic in the States. he has a bench full of failed M8 engines all failed around 5-6k

Id wait for them to sort the issues out before buying.

By the time I buy one, they will be well sorted..

It is all a bit meh really. 10 Years ago (or maybe a bit more) there were plenty of new Harley's that I liked. I even bought one, but the last few years they don't seem to have been able to produce anything that appeals. Maybe it's just me getting more curmudgeonly as I get older :D

You lot are a bit like the 1150GS guys v 1200GS guys I reckon ;)

Seriously though (and I agree with your sentiments) I reckon HD will get broader/mass market appeal with these bikes and sell more, QED, I mean even Arsey says he likes them. HD couldn't care less about the guys in here who aren't into replacing the bike every three years on PCP.............it's the future.

Andres

You lot are a bit like the 1150GS guys v 1200GS guys I reckon ;)

Seriously though (and I agree with your sentiments) I reckon HD will get broader/mass market appeal with these bikes and sell more, QED, I mean even Arsey says he likes them. HD couldn't care less about the guys in here who aren't into replacing the bike every three years on PCP.............it's the future.

Andres

Sad but true.................except they may have misjudged the US market.......a lot of their "clients" are old farts like us...having a younger marketing team aim at a younger market may be their downfall............

I like the look of the new range. :)

Looks like some nice stuff in there for a change. :thumb2

Not everyone wants to be a boring old fart prattling on endlessly about how fantastic their old bike is - in between breaking wind, emptying their catheter bag and arguing over a game of shove ha'penny. :rob

Oh and an oil change on the Gay Rod is one type of oil instead of faffing about with three on the Twin Cam.

I like the look of the new range. :)

Looks like some nice stuff in there for a change. :thumb2

Not everyone wants to be a boring old fart prattling on endlessly about how fantastic their old bike is - in between breaking wind, emptying their catheter bag and arguing over a game of shove ha'penny. :rob

Oh and an oil change on the Gay Rod is one type of oil instead of faffing about with three on the Twin Cam.

Like you will keep it long enough for an oil change:bounce1:bounce1:D You are funny as fuck when you want to be....:thumb

By the time I buy one, they will be well sorted..

This is what goes wrong apparently. It looks more like quality control than a design issue - unless the parts were torqued correctly and subsequently work loose

"The piston oiling jets in the crankcase....2 castings and 4 screws.....and guess what they are not torqued to spec (finger tight) so they work loose extra oil pumped into crankcase causing hydraulic lock....the heat generated by this melts the dip stick......"

FWIW I think there are some good looking bikes in there:

- the touring range all look pretty decent to me
- the new softail frame looks good and the Fat Boy/Deluxe definitely works
- the Heritage looks much better for being de-blinged (if that's a thing?)
- the Fat Bob is also a winner, and I think the headlight suits it

I think the loss of the Dyna option is a real miss though, and the Street Bob is dreadful. 2019 will probably see a massive upgrade on the Sportster range and I expect that will fill the void left by the Dyna.

None of this will affect me. If I had the money to upgrade I'd just spend it on the current Glide and expensive wine.

After seeing HD's "all new" models I believe they will continue to struggle and their market share shrink. I have a mind to buy a current Sportster (Roadster) before they fuck that line up.

After seeing HD's "all new" models I believe they will continue to struggle and their market share shrink. I have a mind to buy a current Sportster (Roadster) before they fuck that line up.

We don't get our hands on them until late September.... see you are not Impressed?

Back
Top Bottom