Wild Camping in Scotland

Probably a bit late in the year now for this info to be of any use.
You can pretty much wild camp anywhere in Scotland as long as your sensible about it eg not right in front of someone's house and if you do feel the need to light a fire again be sensible about it.
The restrictions on Loch lomond talked about cover the whole national park including the trossachs and is only enforced from the later spring months to early autumn. I can't remember the exact dates but I could easily find out for you as I live in the trossachs.
As already mentioned it was brought in to keep the idiots out, however with the pandemic occurring the whole of the country went mad when restrictions were lifted and unfortunately resulted in the whole of Scotland becoming a dumping ground for litter especially baby wipes.
This resulted in many of local people taking action to stop the hoardes by blocking lay-bys etc but if your on a bike you may be able to get by some of them.
Generally the local people will not bother their backsides and if you respond in a polite and friendly way and they realise your not drinking two bottles of buckfast with a ghetto blaster blaring shit music you should be OK.
The West of Scotland offers countless places to wild camp that can be surprisingly easy to get to. Sticking to single track roads would be your best bet to find somewhere quiet.
FWIW I've been wild camping in Scotland for over 30 years and still find new places to pitch up. Even in winter.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Oh. And if you do go wild camping please, please, please remove all traces and litter.
And baby wipes.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom