Stanchion check availability and stock?

NomadLad

Reaction score
Hi lads,
Does anyone know if any dealers in the local area have the bushes required for the stanchion fix and the availability to do it.

I bought my bike at Bahnstormer but they said the bushes are out of stock or on back order...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Or can anyone tell me if they've been contacted about it? I bought my bike in July and I'm getting pretty pissed off that I have to chase the dealer up about it.

Or can anyone tell me if they've been contacted about it? I bought my bike in July and I'm getting pretty pissed off that I have to chase the dealer up about it.

Hi I have also had to chase my dealer Cotswold BMW several times and still they dont have any stock and cannot provide anymore information. Not impressed with BMW they send out safety recall notices but have no parts to fix it!

Same here at Bowkers in Preston! Not overly arsed unless my forks drop out when in Austria in after next week.

I rang Manchester BMW last week after recieving my letter from BMW and the response was "It could be new year before all replacements are fitted" due to lack of parts and workshop time additionally "the highest priority is being given to those who do a lot of off road riding". I did read something yesterday about parts being rationed to dealers at I think it was, a maximum of 50 per week.

Chandlers in Portslade had some parts in stock last weekend. They are only fixing bikes which need doing at the moment i.e. an excessive gap which is fair enough given the lack of stock.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

My work colleague took his bike in saturday, after recieving a second letter about the recall.

Bahnstormer had it 3 days and it is now bushed - Not surprising as its covered well over 34K miles in a couple of years

It goes from the UK to Portugal and back twice a year, as well as 600 odd miles commuting each week

Interestingly for me i'm mid way between Bahnstormers and Chandlers but in terms of access Chandlers is easier to get to

If Bahnstormers dont have stock, i'd be straight over to Portslade

Thanks for that. I'll contact Chandlers tomorrow.

Im quite frustrated. I bought the bike from Bahnstormer in early July, I asked the guy in service when they can check it... not until September, I asked how long it took to check... he said 15 minutes.

So I buy a bike for 13 grand from them and they can't fit me in for 15 minutes in the next two weeks to see if my bike is safe or not? Surprised to be honest.

Hi lads,
Does anyone know if any dealers in the local area have the bushes required for the stanchion fix and the availability to do it.

I bought my bike at Bahnstormer but they said the bushes are out of stock or on back order...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Spoke to Vines of Guildford. I have mine booked in for 7th October. They are currently out of stock but have some coming in soon. I am waiting until October as I need a Saturday morning slot otherwise I could have had an earlier date. Give them a call.

Cheers for the info, much appreciated! Will look into them too, they've a good rep here.

Had mine checked this week at Alan Jeffries, all ok, bushes are now ordered and due to be fitted at next service which I have pre-booked in October.
They confirmed that they were waiting on hundreds of bushes but so far had only received 4 sets from BMW

Back
Top Bottom