Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone take one of the big scooters out for a spin?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Anyone take one of the big scooters out for a spin?

Looking seriously at the C650GT as a commuter and it seems to tick a lot of boxes - ABS, great weather protection, heated seat/grips, loads of storage, automatic, electric screen and so on.

Anyone ever take on out? Joe Duffy has a demo bike so might try it.

14 grand on a scooter with all the bits though.....

I had one as a loaner when my GS was in for a service.

Practicality 10/10 having the ability to store stuff when in town is brilliant

Weather protection 8/10 you do get wet in different places though!!! as a consultation the heated seat is fab

Performance & Fun 6/10 it was certainly adequate (and scary fast on the motorway) but compared to the TC it was a bit lacking in grunt, I also struggled with the feet first position and "holding on" in the bends - it also suffered a lack of street cred in a car park!

Had one as a loan bike a few years ago. I liked it. Fast, comfy and different. I wouldn't have bought one then but as the years progress I see the merit in them. I do like the Yamaha TMax and would choose one ahead of the BMW.

Had the Sport for a while, not for me, but would be great as a commuter, or tourer

would rather shit in my hands and clap.

Had a C600 Sport when they came out in 2013, it was good at first but a few problems , ECU failed fork seals burst and a few niggles . Sold it after 3 months went back to a T Max . the T Max is a better bike , Ive had 5 of them since 2001 . The new C650's are better than the originals but having tried one last year not good enough to change from my Mk 4 T Max. The E scooter is brilliant , let down by a poor range , but faster off the line and more fun than the Petrol scoots . Worth a Demo ride
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Quote Originally Posted by andyscott View Post
    Not a fan ?
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1200ADV View Post
    Not a fan ?
    on the fence really

Have a look at the reviews, I'd lean more towards the Yamaha TMAX DX 530 and they have been doing their thing a lot longer than BMW.

RBW.
    "The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better"

Quote Originally Posted by rossman999 View Post
    I had one as a loaner when my GS was in for a service.

Practicality 10/10 having the ability to store stuff when in town is brilliant

Weather protection 8/10 you do get wet in different places though!!! as a consultation the heated seat is fab

Performance & Fun 6/10 it was certainly adequate (and scary fast on the motorway) but compared to the TC it was a bit lacking in grunt, I also struggled with the feet first position and "holding on" in the bends - it also suffered a lack of street cred in a car park!
    Sounds good thanks. For a bike that would be a work horse it sounds ideal. I'm not really the Sunday spin type tbh so 99% of use will be getting to/from work.

Prices are on a par with the T-Max 530 DX and seems spec is almost identical apart from cruise control missing on the 650GT.

I've never ridden one due to being scared......yes scared i would buy it .love the way they look and everything I have read about them is positive

Like the idea, but they are so nickable, how long before it gets pinched, and I bet the insurance companies load the policies. Buy a Deauville instead, looks the same

Lucky that I have secure underground parking at work and a garage at home. Fancy a look at the X-Adv also.

Quote Originally Posted by andyscott View Post
    If that's the only alternative, I'll have the scooter

Try it they are fab

Quote Originally Posted by bristolsaint View Post
    If that's the only alternative, I'll have the scooter
    The only thing about the scooter no motorcyclist will ever wave back at you
    Definitely my most used form of two wheel transportation
    TMax incredibly capable
    The new Honda off-road scooter XADv