Anyone take one of the big scooters out for a spin?

essjay

Reaction score
Looking seriously at the C650GT as a commuter and it seems to tick a lot of boxes - ABS, great weather protection, heated seat/grips, loads of storage, automatic, electric screen and so on.

Anyone ever take on out? Joe Duffy has a demo bike so might try it.

14 grand on a scooter with all the bits though.....

I had one as a loaner when my GS was in for a service.

Practicality 10/10 having the ability to store stuff when in town is brilliant

Weather protection 8/10 you do get wet in different places though!!! as a consultation the heated seat is fab

Performance & Fun 6/10 it was certainly adequate (and scary fast on the motorway) but compared to the TC it was a bit lacking in grunt, I also struggled with the feet first position and "holding on" in the bends - it also suffered a lack of street cred in a car park!

Had one as a loan bike a few years ago. I liked it. Fast, comfy and different. I wouldn't have bought one then but as the years progress I see the merit in them. I do like the Yamaha TMax and would choose one ahead of the BMW.

Had the Sport for a while, not for me, but would be great as a commuter, or tourer :)

Had a C600 Sport when they came out in 2013, it was good at first but a few problems , ECU failed fork seals burst and a few niggles . Sold it after 3 months went back to a T Max . the T Max is a better bike , Ive had 5 of them since 2001 . The new C650's are better than the originals but having tried one last year not good enough to change from my Mk 4 T Max. The E scooter is brilliant , let down by a poor range , but faster off the line and more fun than the Petrol scoots . Worth a Demo ride :thumby:

Have a look at the reviews, I'd lean more towards the Yamaha TMAX DX 530 and they have been doing their thing a lot longer than BMW.

RBW.

I had one as a loaner when my GS was in for a service.

Practicality 10/10 having the ability to store stuff when in town is brilliant

Weather protection 8/10 you do get wet in different places though!!! as a consultation the heated seat is fab

Performance & Fun 6/10 it was certainly adequate (and scary fast on the motorway) but compared to the TC it was a bit lacking in grunt, I also struggled with the feet first position and "holding on" in the bends - it also suffered a lack of street cred in a car park!

Sounds good thanks. For a bike that would be a work horse it sounds ideal. I'm not really the Sunday spin type tbh so 99% of use will be getting to/from work.

Prices are on a par with the T-Max 530 DX and seems spec is almost identical apart from cruise control missing on the 650GT.

I've never ridden one due to being scared......yes scared i would buy it .love the way they look and everything I have read about them is positive

Like the idea, but they are so nickable, how long before it gets pinched, and I bet the insurance companies load the policies. Buy a Deauville instead, looks the same :)

Lucky that I have secure underground parking at work and a garage at home. Fancy a look at the X-Adv also.

Try it they are fab

If that's the only alternative, I'll have the scooter
The only thing about the scooter no motorcyclist will ever wave back at you
Definitely my most used form of two wheel transportation
TMax incredibly capable
The new Honda off-road scooter XADv
Seems to be quite top-heavy nicer for two up
And quite a bit heavier

Make up your own mind

Have you tried one of these, these things rock and are so comfy, and easy to ride, do not even have to put your feet down, my mate has one and he is 80 years old soon, he wizzes round town on it and flys down the motorway, I had a few spins on it, it really is awesome, in Paris and Rome you see thousands of them, at red lights you just press a button and it locks the steering straight, and when you power away it releases automatically, brakes power awesome for a 500cc.

http://www.uk.piaggio.com/piaggio/U...ls/gt/mp3-lt/version-500-special-edition.html

Have you tried one of these, these things rock and are so comfy, and easy to ride, do not even have to put your feet down, my mate has one and he is 80 years old soon, he wizzes round town on it and flys down the motorway, I had a few spins on it, it really is awesome, in Paris and Rome you see thousands of them, at red lights you just press a button and it locks the steering straight, and when you power away it releases automatically, brakes power awesk.ome for a 500cc.

http://www.uk.piaggio.com/piaggio/U...ls/gt/mp3-lt/version-500-special-edition.html

I've just finished reading Ted Simon's book Rolling through the Isles which recounts his recent tour of the UK. He used a Piaggio 500cc MP3 which sparked my curiosity about big scooters. He seemed well pleased with it. There are some entertaining vids on youtube.

The only thing about the scooter no motorcyclist will ever wave back at you
Definitely my most used form of two wheel transportation
TMax incredibly capable
The new Honda off-road scooter XADv
Seems to be quite top-heavy nicer for two up
And quite a bit heavier

Make up your own mind

I lived in southern Spain for a year and these things were everywhere. Mostly T-Maxs with Akropovic cans. I like them, but as I can only afford 1 bike, and I'm not ready to give up the GS, I'll pass for now, but I won't rule one out at some time in the future. I sat on an XADV at the NEC last year. It felt a bit small (I'm 6' and full tosser size :D)

As for waves, They seem to be a thing of the past for many.

I'll watch those vids on YouTube. Have to say there's loads of video's on YouTube of the X-Adv and owners/testers have been very impressed with it. Demand has outweighed supply and Honda can't keep up with orders.

Back
Top Bottom