Thread: Fitting AF-Xied units

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Fitting AF-Xied units

Anyone handy with fitting electronic gizmos to a GS Adventure '07

It's fairly straightforward.......but I'm a numpty!!

I'll buy lunch/supper/Brunch/Dinner/Coffee.............whatever it takes!!!!

0 8 6 - 2 4 6 8 6 4 2

It's a breeze..getting the end of the connector where you want it is the hardest part

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can the cables be run up behind the injectors??

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Right........got them on this evening. Looking forward to seeing if they are all they're cracked up to be!!

Anyone in Glenmalure tomorrow at the Touratech event??

Setting 7 made it better..setting 8 made it a lot lot better but on an enthusiastic ride returned 37...typical was between 45 and 48
    Yesterday however 2 up touring pace lanes and 70 miles of motorway 55mpg!!! Best ever mileage, this is calculated not the computer

Quote Originally Posted by unibar View Post
    Setting 7 made it better..setting 8 made it a lot lot better but on an enthusiastic ride returned 37...typical was between 45 and 48
    Yesterday however 2 up touring pace lanes and 70 miles of motorway 55mpg!!! Best ever mileage, this is calculated not the computer

When you say 8 is better, do you mean more grunt or smoother........or both??

For me both, and it sorted out the upper mid range vibes I had at 7.

Its all experimental i guess, and reversible.. but for me 8 is the setting to be at... just for me

Quote Originally Posted by younger06 View Post
    When you say 8 is better, do you mean more grunt or smoother........or both??

I must give 8 a try so, after another tank of juice.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

About time you fitted those you lazy fecker.
    I tried both 7 and 8 but couldn't tell the difference so left it on 8. My TC settled down to an average of 53mpg and stayed there.
    You'll do a hundred miles before you noticed any real difference but it'll take up to about a thousand miles to fully adapt, according to Nightrider.
    About this time next year then, Keith?
    I'm still scaring myself with my big scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by comberjohn View Post
    About time you fitted those you lazy fecker.
    I tried both 7 and 8 but couldn't tell the difference so left it on 8. My TC settled down to an average of 53mpg and stayed there.
    You'll do a hundred miles before you noticed any real difference but it'll take up to about a thousand miles to fully adapt, according to Nightrider.
    About this time next year then, Keith?
    I'm still scaring myself with my big scooter.
    1000 miles................. I'll have done over the next few days . Half way there already, and going out this evening to burn another couple of hours worth.

You weren't in Wicklow at the weekend by any chance John??
    A fella came over the Wicklow gap towards me on one of your yokes like Mick feckin Doohan!!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Nope, took a run up the Antrim coast road to Ballycastle.

Impressive looking machine in that lovely Candy Apple Red.