Fitting AF-Xied units

younger06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone handy with fitting electronic gizmos to a GS Adventure '07

It's fairly straightforward.......but I'm a numpty!!

I'll buy lunch/supper/Brunch/Dinner/Coffee.............whatever it takes!!!!

0 8 6 - 2 4 6 8 6 4 2

It's a breeze..getting the end of the connector where you want it is the hardest part

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can the cables be run up behind the injectors??

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Right........got them on this evening. Looking forward to seeing if they are all they're cracked up to be!!

Anyone in Glenmalure tomorrow at the Touratech event??

Setting 7 made it better..setting 8 made it a lot lot better but on an enthusiastic ride returned 37...typical was between 45 and 48
Yesterday however 2 up touring pace lanes and 70 miles of motorway 55mpg!!! Best ever mileage, this is calculated not the computer

Setting 7 made it better..setting 8 made it a lot lot better but on an enthusiastic ride returned 37...typical was between 45 and 48
Yesterday however 2 up touring pace lanes and 70 miles of motorway 55mpg!!! Best ever mileage, this is calculated not the computer

When you say 8 is better, do you mean more grunt or smoother........or both??

For me both, and it sorted out the upper mid range vibes I had at 7.

Its all experimental i guess, and reversible.. but for me 8 is the setting to be at... just for me

When you say 8 is better, do you mean more grunt or smoother........or both??

I must give 8 a try so, after another tank of juice.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

About time you fitted those you lazy fecker.
I tried both 7 and 8 but couldn't tell the difference so left it on 8. My TC settled down to an average of 53mpg and stayed there.
You'll do a hundred miles before you noticed any real difference but it'll take up to about a thousand miles to fully adapt, according to Nightrider.
About this time next year then, Keith? :rolleyes:
I'm still scaring myself with my big scooter. :eek:

About time you fitted those you lazy fecker.
I tried both 7 and 8 but couldn't tell the difference so left it on 8. My TC settled down to an average of 53mpg and stayed there.
You'll do a hundred miles before you noticed any real difference but it'll take up to about a thousand miles to fully adapt, according to Nightrider.
About this time next year then, Keith? :rolleyes:
I'm still scaring myself with my big scooter. :eek:
1000 miles................. I'll have done over the next few days . Half way there already, and going out this evening to burn another couple of hours worth.

You weren't in Wicklow at the weekend by any chance John??
A fella came over the Wicklow gap towards me on one of your yokes like Mick feckin Doohan!!

Sent from a OnePlusX.

So are these worth the money then? I'm half thinking......

Also I guess you should declare to the insurance company?

I would say yes.....they are worth the money, but I didn't pay full wack for mine. They did transform my 2007 GSA.
If I where on an LC I might not bother but I am on a Hexhead and I am running headers, a can and a K&N..... I needed to address the fueling. One of the best features is, you can take them to your next bike (if its another GS.

I couldn't comment about the insurance.

I recently had an accident and had to replace my 2007 with another 2007 and I just moved them from one bike to the other.

Sent from a U11

Thanks, I have a 2010 TU so interested to see what they might do for it. Exchange rate is very favorable and can use my forwarder in the USA, Shipito.

Not entire sure how I’d describe/declare them to the insurance company though

Emissions control unit.....to "smooth" out the fueling.

Sent from a U11

My insurance didn't give a toss, smooth out low speed fuelling is why I got them, and they did that very well, did 6k miles on them last 1500 on setting 8 were really good.

My insurance didn't give a toss, smooth out low speed fuelling is why I got them, and they did that very well, did 6k miles on them last 1500 on setting 8 were really good.

I tried 8 for a while but went back to 7.
I found the extra shove up the rev range was very impressive but it absolutely drank juice 🥤

Sent from a U11

I tried 8 for a while but went back to 7.
I found the extra shove up the rev range was very impressive but it absolutely drank juice 🥤

Sent from a U11
Yes balls out riding had me down to 34 mpg..but my typical short shift and ride the wave style of riding smoothed out the engine vibes, horses for courses..then the tinnitus stopped me riding just as my bike and myself were at our best...arse

Back
Top Bottom