Reaction score
Picked up my 15 plate R1200R sport today
1fc7e93b0a42c752fb85072650d8e67a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Near identical to mine.

I'm still loving mine, 2 years on

Hope that's a good sign

I hope so too.

I've owned my R80 since 1989 and had a number of bikes along side; everything from a TDR250 to a Hayabusa and many things in between. None of those bikes have made me think I could hang on to them for the long term and part with the R80.

Until now.

The R1200R is just brilliant.

Though there's a but. I worry about the reliability of the technology and longevity of the finish. I've had the quick shifter replaced under warranty and when I was in for my "end of warranty " check, there were a couple of chaps in for fairly major work. That BMW want significantly more to extend the warranty on the boxers for one year than Kawasaki do to extend an H2 warranty for three is quite telling and suggests that BMW don't have much faith in the product either.

That aside though, every time I ride the bike it puts a massive smile on my face and I've done more "just popping out" miles on this bike than on any others in recent years.

Oh, and if you get the chance, pop an Akrapovic can on :)

Really nice, if I was younger and my knees could get better angles, I would also have a bike like that, for now gonna live with the 1200GS until something else really tickles my fancy, but really nice bike, maybe a little bigger screen would be comfortable, just my opinion.

My aged joints are actually ok on the R, but then I've got quite short legs. I've got the adjustable footrests but keep them in the standard position.

I've also got the larger BMW screen which is fine. Givi et al do larger ones

My aged joints are actually ok on the R, but then I've got quite short legs. I've got the adjustable footrests but keep them in the standard position.

I've also got the larger BMW screen which is fine. Givi et al do larger ones

Which footrests do you have?

Best bmw I've owned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tank bags

has anyone got a 3/15ltr givi tank bag on there bike??
the thing is can you see the bmw sat nav mounted on the top of the bars when your riding the bike.
being a short arse buying one might be a waste of time if the nav cannot be seen.
:thumb

Pick my almost identical one up next week!! :)

You didn't happen to get yours from fins motorcycles did you?

Back
Top Bottom