October Ride Magazine Article

GrantB

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Super Tenere is beginning to be realised as a serious GS rival. According to the review in the October addition of 'Ride Magazine' is has no real faults and no reliability issues, it's just good at everything. I agree with the article, a bike that doesn't leave you stranded, just gets you there and back with total confidence is what we all want really?

The Super Tenere is beginning to be realised as a serious GS rival. According to the review in the October addition of 'Ride Magazine' is has no real faults and no reliability issues, it's just good at everything. I agree with the article, a bike that doesn't leave you stranded, just gets you there and back with total confidence is what we all want really?

It might be what you want .Or just go by car or train ?

Everyone has different opinions, that why I bought a 1200GS, because so many people cannot be wrong.

The Ford Fiesta is the countries best selling car, it must be the best, so many people can't be wrong.
Why be one of the herd? the XTZ1200 is an excellent motorcycle, maybe if someone made a TV show with two guys going around the world on them it would make them a fashion icon :D

Had a "proper" test ride on one this morning. Fantastic bike with such an amazingly flexible/grunty engine.

Loved it.

I guess there are characteristics of each bike, exclusive - which are either + or - to every rider....

Boxer twin. Parallel Twin
Telelever Conventional forks
Lower CoG. Higher CoG?

There is no correct answer, apart from to each individual.

Al

S10

I guess there are characteristics of each bike, exclusive - which are either + or - to every rider....

Boxer twin. Parallel Twin
Telelever Conventional forks
Lower CoG. Higher CoG?

There is no correct answer, apart from to each individual.

Al

Hi i wasnt crabbing the gs i was just sick of all the issues i had with my last two lc s,if they can get back to building good quality bike i would have one tommorow:bounce1:rob

I'm hoping that someone buys the cheap one for sale on here at the moment, as I'm half tempted to buy it and run it as a winter hack.

Conventional forks will take a bit of getting used to after 50,000kms on the telelever.

With regards to the COG, Yamaha have done a fantastic job.
On paper, the Tenere is heavier than my 2007 GSA but it feels lighter.
I actually like the heft of the Beemer and the main drawback of any of the bikes I have test ridden, including the Tenere, is that they feel too small....... you are sitting on top of them instead of "in" them.
The Explorer is probably closest to the Beemer in that respect.

I was also very, very impressed with how flexible (and punchy when needed) the Yamaha engine was.
I put a set of AF-XiED on my GSA (111,000kms) yesterday and as I work my way through the first tank of juice I can feel it getting smoother and punchier.............. I'm beginning to wonder do I actually want/need to change my bike.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I'm hoping that someone buys the cheap one for sale on here at the moment, as I'm half tempted to buy it and run it as a winter hack.

Just use your Rallye.
At least it will get some use then,and as you always tell us,the bikes BMW supply you have top notch build quality,so there wouldn't be any issues on that front !!

Just use your Rallye.
At least it will get some use then,and as you always tell us,the bikes BMW supply you have top notch build quality,so there wouldn't be any issues on that front !!

It gets plenty of use, and will be used all year round. ;)

I've had my xt1200z for about 16 months now and done a little over 20k on it, no issues..... Just service and ride.
I know it isn't the fastest or blah blah, but I got it for a bargain price and it does everything I want it to.....daily commute in all weathers and 2 up touring round Europe and even handles great on back roads.
It's like a modern day version of a varadero, seriously underrated and for 2/3 the price of an equivalent year other brand.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Allegedly a 'NEW' Super Tenere is in the pipeline ,possibly to be released at the same time as the new MT07 engined Tenere based on the T7 concept bike

Allegedly a 'NEW' Super Tenere is in the pipeline ,possibly to be released at the same time as the new MT07 engined Tenere based on the T7 concept bike
I was told today by a representative from the Irish Yamaha importer/distributor that there are no plans for a new XT1200Z for at least the next 3 years.

Now, he was trying to sell me one at the time.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I was told today by a representative from the Irish Yamaha importer/distributor that there are no plans for a new XT1200Z for at least the next 3 years.

Now, he was trying to sell me one at the time.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Get him to confirm that in writing, that'll make him back track!:D

Back
Top Bottom