KTM 1290 S Adv S Tinted screen

paddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening

Been looking without success for a tinted screen, my standard one is second hand looking, pretty scratched after 4000 miles. TBO its the only part of the bike that i think is made cheaply.

Thanks

Paddy

Puig do a tinted touring screen, but it's huge, and a few are complaining of extra wind buffeting coming from the sides.

Puig do a tinted touring screen, but it's huge, and a few are complaining of extra wind buffeting coming from the sides.

Got the Puig on my 1190, it is indeed huge, but also for me (at over 6 foot with a preference for the high seat position) the only one that does not chuck the wind blast into my face - and not too intrusive to the eyeline in the low position. I can also ride all day and not have any flys on my visor

I have tried the Givi Ariflow (worst for buffeting, best for frontal protection with a good range of adjustment)

KTM Touring - seems very good If I "scrunch up", would probably be great for riders below 5'11 using the low seat position, but for me in my normal posture it chucks a lot of wind towards my head (confirmed by flys on my visor)

Stock screen did nothing for me, probably keeps some wind of my chest, but it also gave a very smooth airflow over the helmet (i.e. not chucking a blast of air at it)

Not found the Puig too bad for the buffeting noise myself, I think when you remove the frontal wind blast you hear the air flow around the side a lot more, but for long trips I fit the Puig, the rest of the time I am happy with the stock screen (and put up with visor cleaning that goes with it)

I'd be surprised if ceebaileys.com weren't developing something for your bike. They don't list one at present but it might be worth emailing them to find out. Ultra high quality screens using aircraft grade materials.

If I remember correctly Sportsbikeshop are the UK reseller.

You might be surprised by how effective toothpaste and a slow action with an orbital polisher is at removing scratches, just don't go too fast or you will melt the the polycarbonate

Or, get a short screen if KTM do one. I use the Puig sports screen all summer on the GS and my head is in clean air. Raised it gives chest area some protection. Brilliant on hot days, almost a naked.

Anyway, everyone says the KTM is as fast as the wind so why is there buffeting? :augie

Or, get a short screen if KTM do one. I use the Puig sports screen all summer on the GS and my head is in clean air. Raised it gives chest area some protection. Brilliant on hot days, almost a naked.

Anyway, everyone says the KTM is as fast as the wind so why is there buffeting? :augie

I run mine with the tinted screen from the R, with an MRA X-Creen spoiler. No buffeting at any speeds.:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_6917.jpg
    IMG_6917.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 334

Back
Top Bottom