Thread: SUZUKI GSF600V Bandit 1997 £750 NO OFFERS PLEASE

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

SUZUKI GSF600V Bandit 1997 £750 NO OFFERS PLEASE

POSSIBLE PART EXCHANGE WITH A MOTOLUG TWIN BIKE TRAILER FOR THIS BIKE.

Anyone on here interested in a cheap (imho) Bandit / potential winter hack?

I managed to source this bike for my brother some 4 1/2 years ago at about 37200 miles. It is currently showing 38240 miles on it. He has therefore done the grand total of about 1000 miles on it since April 2013. (200 of those were me riding it back from Plymouth).

To be fair, being a little short in the leg, he never felt completely confident on it, despite paying to have a spare seat remodelled to reduce the height a little. That, plus the fact that he had use of another bike, meant that the Bandit didn't get used very much. (Understatement of the year). He has now just purchased a BMW F800 so this is now definately redundant.

With such little mileage done over the last four and a half years, it was suffering from a couple of issues when I collected it from him. It was running rough low down and would stall when pulling up at the lights. I believe the pilot jets were all gummed up.
    The near side fork seal also blew on my ride back from Plymouth.

Consumables

I have therefore had the carbs off and they've just been cleaned.
    I have also replaced the near side fork seal / dust cover and oil.
    There is a receipt dated 02/2013 at 32106 miles for the offside fork seal and oil, so both have now been done.

The ignition switch is a bit stiff to turn on. I've given it a good soaking with WD40 and hopefully this will loosen up a bit with use. Battery is good and holds a charge.

The pads and discs front and rear are all good. The chain and sprockets look new to me as well (in terms of mileage). There is a scottoiler with the small reservoir fitted as well, although I don't have any oil to fill it with at the moment. I've no reason to believe that this wouldn't work when replenished.

Tyres are matching Continentals and look to have done very low mileage with plenty of tread front and rear.

Service history

Unbelievably for a bike of this age, there is a stamped service book, albeit very faded and tattered, showing nine(9) services. It seems that the bike was originally purchased from Motorcycle City along with a service plan, so the owner made sure he used the vouchers. Having said that, there are still three left in the book.

The last stamp in the book is dated 12/03/2003 but the mileage is faded / unreadable.
    The previous stamp shows 32200 miles on 03/09/2002.

I know that bike was serviced again before my brother bought it in 2013 at 37200 odd miles. There is also a receipt for another interim service that he had done at 37674 miles on 25/04/2014. The brake fluid and a coil were also replaced at this time.

Looking at the mot history and mileage online, it seems that the bike was off road from 2007 to 2013. Clearly, you can check this for yourself.

I'm hoping to get the MOT renewed in the next week or so. The bike will therefore come with 12mths mot on it (hopefully).

Condition

Clearly this is not a showroom condition bike. As always the camera can and does lie. It is in presentable condition and is mechanically all there with no known issues.

The bike, tank and panels all have marks / chips here and there, consistent with its 20 year history. I have tried to show some of these in the pictures attached. I have plenty of others available, if you wish to contact me with an email address and I can forward them to you.

The rather fetching red / black seat shown in the photos is the remodelled seat, with a slightly reduced seat height. For a tosser, I will also include the spare standard seat in the sale.

Bike comes with the service book, owners manual, one key. Bike is currently SORN and being sold on behalf of my brother, so still registered in his name. Clearly you can speak with him if you have any concerns about ownership.

I'd prefer if any potential buyer came to view the bike prior to purchase. That way, you can satisfy yourself as to the condition of the bike.

Please remember that this is NOT a £1000 bike. I originally thought that I'd just keep this myself and use it as a winter hack. Realistically though, this isn't going to happen, I'd rather have the space in the garage. I barely use either of my other three bikes over the winter, so what's the point in having a fourth.

Price £750 NO OFFERS

I WOULD CONSIDER A MOTOLUG TWIN BIKE TRAILER IN PART EXCHANGE FOR THIS BIKE.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

FFS!
    I even looked up on the internet to find out which way to take them on my iPad beforehand as well. Volume controls facing down. Apparently not!

Name:  IMG_0728.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  238.3 KBName:  IMG_0747.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  228.0 KB

Here you go .....

Thank you JH AGAIN!
    I'm fairly sure you've rescued me from my technology incompetence on here previously? :,:

And sold.