Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Any GSers in Liverpool (29-31 August)

  1. #1
    New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Boulder, USA
    Posts
    2

    Any GSers in Liverpool (29-31 August)

    I'll be returning to Liverpool from Isle of Man Classic on Tues 29 Aug and there until 31 August, staying at the Ibis hotel near the docks. Anyone around for a coffee/tea or bite to eat?

    I'm a GS rider from Colorado (zigyphoto on ADVrider) and travelling to Scotland and continent after Liverpool.

    Have also posted a query regarding changing right hand instrument cluster here.

    Thanks,

    Zigy
    mobile: 07593 328806

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    1,055
    Make sure everything is chained down, or you will be getting the train to Scotland.

  3. #3
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire, England, EU
    Posts
    949
    Have a safe trip up north.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

  4. #4
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    AYR on the WET coast of Scotland
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Make sure everything is chained down, or you will be getting the train to Scotland.
    Ha.. make sure everything is chained down when you're in Scotland ..stay away from Edinburgh if you want to keep your bike ..bikes are getting stolen nearly every day there just now..

  5. #5
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    14,192
    Hi Zigy
    I live on the Wirral peninsula...opposite where you'll be staying.
    I'm currently on the Isle of Wight but will be riding back home on Tuesday...should be back early evening.
    Give me a PM when you're settled in Scouseland because I'm off work for another two weeks and can meet up with you to have a coffee and chat....and even go for a bit of a sightseeing ride if you want to.
    EDIT...
    Just noticed you're not a site sponsor so you can't PM me.
    I'll try your mobile number on Wednesday when I'm home.
    Bicycle riders.....Darwin's very own speed bumps.

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire, England, EU
    Posts
    949
    I will try to get there on the morning of the 31st. For a coffee and solids.
    If so, then I would call you. Only a hour away.
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

  7. #7
    Bloody mud ruts! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    In garage or at work
    Posts
    1,962
    HI Zigy,

    I'm working during the day but happy to meet up with you in the evening for food, there is a few bike meets north of liverpool as well I'd be happy to take you to if you like?

  8. #8
    Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    Posts
    10,266
    Quote Originally Posted by West coast gser View Post
    Ha.. make sure everything is chained down when you're in Scotland ..stay away from Edinburgh if you want to keep your bike ..bikes are getting stolen nearly every day there just now..
    I haven't had one stolen since July 2016 !

  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    14,192
    Best laid plans of mice and men......
    I got home from IOW late Tuesday afternoon to find my girlfriend's heating boiler had packed up so she had no hot water.....she and her daughter had been coming to my house for the last four days to shower and do clothes washing.
    I spent a chunk of yesterday buggering about changing a diverter valve and freeing off a clogged water pressure switch.
    I've got it heating up but the temperature isn't constant so I'm going to have to go back this morning.
    So....sorry Zigy....I wanted to meet you and show you some of the local area,which is far more pleasant than some folk would have you believe.....but hopefully some other GSer or more will have managed to meet you.
    It was a case of priorities.....I can't have my girlfriend getting too comfortable in my house,can I ??
    Bicycle riders.....Darwin's very own speed bumps.

  10. #10
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Liverpool & New York
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Make sure everything is chained down, or you will be getting the train to Scotland.
    Nothing like a spot of typecasting is there, asshole ?



    ,
    2011 R1200 GS Twin Cam - the 4th of 4 GSs and 3 x K series..which followed an R100RS, a 100/7 and a 750/7 ..... that's a lot of BMWs !

  11. #11
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    431
    I extended scouse hospitality meeting Zigy for both nights he stayed in Liverpool. Interesting guy who enjoyed his stay enroute to Scotland

    paul

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
    Best laid plans of mice and men......
    I got home from IOW late Tuesday afternoon to find my girlfriend's heating boiler had packed up so she had no hot water.....she and her daughter had been coming to my house for the last four days to shower and do clothes washing.
    I spent a chunk of yesterday buggering about changing a diverter valve and freeing off a clogged water pressure switch.
    I've got it heating up but the temperature isn't constant so I'm going to have to go back this morning.
    So....sorry Zigy....I wanted to meet you and show you some of the local area,which is far more pleasant than some folk would have you believe.....but hopefully some other GSer or more will have managed to meet you.
    It was a case of priorities.....I can't have my girlfriend getting too comfortable in my house,can I ??

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    14,192
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
    I extended scouse hospitality meeting Zigy for both nights he stayed in Liverpool. Interesting guy who enjoyed his stay enroute to Scotland

    paul
    Nice one Paul.
    Bicycle riders.....Darwin's very own speed bumps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"