Thread: Any GSers in Liverpool (29-31 August)

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Any GSers in Liverpool (29-31 August)

I'll be returning to Liverpool from Isle of Man Classic on Tues 29 Aug and there until 31 August, staying at the Ibis hotel near the docks. Anyone around for a coffee/tea or bite to eat?

I'm a GS rider from Colorado (zigyphoto on ADVrider) and travelling to Scotland and continent after Liverpool.

Have also posted a query regarding changing right hand instrument cluster here.

Thanks,

Zigy
    mobile: 07593 328806

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Make sure everything is chained down, or you will be getting the train to Scotland.

Have a safe trip up north.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Make sure everything is chained down, or you will be getting the train to Scotland.
    Ha.. make sure everything is chained down when you're in Scotland ..stay away from Edinburgh if you want to keep your bike ..bikes are getting stolen nearly every day there just now..

Hi Zigy
    I live on the Wirral peninsula...opposite where you'll be staying.
    I'm currently on the Isle of Wight but will be riding back home on Tuesday...should be back early evening.
    Give me a PM when you're settled in Scouseland because I'm off work for another two weeks and can meet up with you to have a coffee and chat....and even go for a bit of a sightseeing ride if you want to.
    EDIT...
    Just noticed you're not a site sponsor so you can't PM me.
    I'll try your mobile number on Wednesday when I'm home.
    Bicycle riders.....Darwin's very own speed bumps.

I will try to get there on the morning of the 31st. For a coffee and solids.
    If so, then I would call you. Only a hour away.
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

Bloody mud ruts! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    HI Zigy,

I'm working during the day but happy to meet up with you in the evening for food, there is a few bike meets north of liverpool as well I'd be happy to take you to if you like?

Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    Quote Originally Posted by West coast gser View Post
    Ha.. make sure everything is chained down when you're in Scotland ..stay away from Edinburgh if you want to keep your bike ..bikes are getting stolen nearly every day there just now..
    I haven't had one stolen since July 2016 !

Best laid plans of mice and men......
    I got home from IOW late Tuesday afternoon to find my girlfriend's heating boiler had packed up so she had no hot water.....she and her daughter had been coming to my house for the last four days to shower and do clothes washing.
    I spent a chunk of yesterday buggering about changing a diverter valve and freeing off a clogged water pressure switch.
    I've got it heating up but the temperature isn't constant so I'm going to have to go back this morning.
    So....sorry Zigy....I wanted to meet you and show you some of the local area,which is far more pleasant than some folk would have you believe.....but hopefully some other GSer or more will have managed to meet you.
    It was a case of priorities.....I can't have my girlfriend getting too comfortable in my house,can I ??

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Nothing like a spot of typecasting is there, asshole ?

2011 R1200 GS Twin Cam - the 4th of 4 GSs and 3 x K series..which followed an R100RS, a 100/7 and a 750/7 ..... that's a lot of BMWs !

I extended scouse hospitality meeting Zigy for both nights he stayed in Liverpool. Interesting guy who enjoyed his stay enroute to Scotland

paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
    Best laid plans of mice and men......
    I got home from IOW late Tuesday afternoon to find my girlfriend's heating boiler had packed up so she had no hot water.....she and her daughter had been coming to my house for the last four days to shower and do clothes washing.
    I spent a chunk of yesterday buggering about changing a diverter valve and freeing off a clogged water pressure switch.
    I've got it heating up but the temperature isn't constant so I'm going to have to go back this morning.
    So....sorry Zigy....I wanted to meet you and show you some of the local area,which is far more pleasant than some folk would have you believe.....but hopefully some other GSer or more will have managed to meet you.
    It was a case of priorities.....I can't have my girlfriend getting too comfortable in my house,can I ??

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
    I extended scouse hospitality meeting Zigy for both nights he stayed in Liverpool. Interesting guy who enjoyed his stay enroute to Scotland

paul
    Nice one Paul.