Thread: SENA SMH 5 dead ?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

SENA SMH 5 dead ?

hi some advice please regarding the smh 5 dual set up.
    i purchased them poss acouple of years ago of a guy on this site brand new.
    over the time i must have used it 2 trips around ireland,and a few weeks ago a trip around scotland,i only use it when the mrs is on a trip with me,i do not even use the phone connection.
    ok got that out the way,anyhow comming back from scotland a month ago through one of th worst rain storm i can say i have been through.approx 50 miles through it my ear piece said good bye,i just thought it had run out of batterie life,but the mrs stayed on all the way back home a good 5/6 hours later.
    when we got home i put the pair on charge,the lights came on as they should,but mine will not turn on,it lights up but thats it,any idias,or is thats the end of it.
    thanks.

Senior Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Quote Originally Posted by tailscookie View Post
    hi some advice please regarding the smh 5 dual set up.
    i purchased them poss acouple of years ago of a guy on this site brand new.
    over the time i must have used it 2 trips around ireland,and a few weeks ago a trip around scotland,i only use it when the mrs is on a trip with me,i do not even use the phone connection.
    ok got that out the way,anyhow comming back from scotland a month ago through one of th worst rain storm i can say i have been through.approx 50 miles through it my ear piece said good bye,i just thought it had run out of batterie life,but the mrs stayed on all the way back home a good 5/6 hours later.
    when we got home i put the pair on charge,the lights came on as they should,but mine will not turn on,it lights up but thats it,any idias,or is thats the end of it.
    thanks.
    Make sure it's properly dry obviously to start with, check where the mic and earpiece cables plug in to the unit

You can download a tool from the SENA web site to either flash the firmware to the latest or a previous version (found this useful when mine lost my TomTom voice commands)

You could maybe back up the working unit and restore back to the dead one

Had mine 3 or 4 years now and they still hold out all day, I do use them a fair bit though so they don't get fully discharged

Aren't they just water resistant not waterproof. Tom

Senior Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Quote Originally Posted by sanqhar View Post
    Aren't they just water resistant not waterproof. Tom
    Mine have survived some very heavy downpours and never had a problem

waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by leadfarmer View Post
    Mine have survived some very heavy downpours and never had a problem
    the sena site reads,inclement weather ?
    looked this up and it means,
    usually refers to severe or harsh weather that is cold and wet ?
    surley this means our british weather ?
    what do you think .

sena,

just sent an email to wildtalk to see if they can help ?
    if any one is selling a spare smh 5 let me know thanks.

just got a email from wildtalk,they said send it to them they will not charge if it cannot be repaird .
    thanks all.

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Mine is not holding the charge very well either so I think I will contact Wildtalk too. Thanks for the thread Tailscookie.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.