Puncture Repair Kit Recommendations please!

arealhuman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a puncture repair kit that can be carried relatively easily (no panniers/top box). I've seen a few posts about the Air Pro kit and Nippy Norman's flog a Givi kit. Can anyone recommend a particular kit please?

Thanks,
ARH.

Stop and go kit has served me well both bike and car. Comes in a wallet. Add some co2 cylinders to get air in and it's about as compact as you will get.

I've put mine together using the pepperoni strips and a couple of tools off eBay. I then have the tiny airshot compressor, all fits in the under rack wunderlich bag.

I also have a Stop 'n Go repair kit but carry a Slime 12v pump for inflating. Sometimes you can waste a co2 cylinder trying to find where the puncture is is it is not obvious such as a nail or screw. I connect the pump direct to the battery because the can bus controlled aux socket will not handle the load.

In addition I carry a rat tail puncture repair kit.

Sticky string works well, has the advantage that you can fill large cuts with more than one string. Small compressor is better than C02.

Be careful on the compressor though... both the size of the unit and the power it draws. A lot of them draw more juice than the canbus will allow

Be careful on the compressor though... both the size of the unit and the power it draws. A lot of them draw more juice than the canbus will allow

I've always croc clipped mine straight on to the battery.
I always carry a small compressor and a stop 'n go kit. Used it many times ... :thumb2

I successfully used the Stop & Go tyre plugging kit on my recent trip to Spain, though it took a second attempt to get a full seal as the first plug had a very slow leak, so I had to keep topping up until I had chance to redo it. I would advise a compressor rather than CO2 bottles as unlike the bottles it is basically an inexhaustible supply which is what you need sometimes. In my case I had to keep inflating the tyre while searching for the leak as it wasn't obvious. The puncture turned out to be a small cut in the bottom of one of the tread grooves, which was virtually invisible and I only detected it in the end by pumping the tyre up to high pressure and listening for the faint hissing from it. I think this was probably caused by debris when someone ten minutes ahead of me on the same tour put his RS into the armco and smashed the cylinder head cover.

I used this compressor: https://www.racshop.co.uk/rac-12v-c...MImain0O3-1QIVipTtCh0aBg0MEAQYASABEgK8UfD_BwE

It has a built in light, and mine uses an Optimate style connector (the older black type) so I power it from an Optimate fused outlet connected directly to the battery with the end tie wrapped to the frame and tucked away just over the starter motor. From that position the compressor power lead will allow it to reach either wheel.

Cheers all for the replies, helpful stuff! Must also look into the under rack bag, I like the idea of that :D

Stop n go every time. 2 punctures on cars also done for months now and all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sticky string / rat tail/ peperami.
Whatever you want to call it it is the business.
Easy to use and easy to abuse.
It took me 3 bits to block a hole large enough to get my little finger in, nor exactly safe but it got me home from the hard knot pass back to Leeds.
I always go with a compressor over co2 carts, far more useful.
Look round on eBay at mini compressor, there is one that is only 100mm square by about 40mm deep.

Back
Top Bottom