What tanks will fit an ST

Airhead_Martin

Reaction score
Having just bought an ST the R100r tank fitted is annoying me. Can anybody tell me what tanks will fit and not look so fat. If anybody's got a tank that will fit and wants to sell, swap or trade I'm very interested and will travel. Regards Martin

Having just bought an ST the R100r tank fitted is annoying me. Can anybody tell me what tanks will fit and not look so fat. If anybody's got a tank that will fit and wants to sell, swap or trade I'm very interested and will travel. Regards Martin

The only tank that "fits" the ST is the ST Tank which was also used on the later R80GS Basic, (The GS 80 Basic was a "parts bin" Bike and BMW used up there ST Tanks ..... the ST was not popular when it was released) ....... the R80G/S tank will also fit and look "normal", but the filler caps are different ....... you can use a R45/R65 Tank, but it looks awful, maybe not so awful by today's designs .. so that could be an option

I had three ST's plus quite a few "spares" ...... at a time when they were not popular, (not really known) ...... I still have two ST Tanks, in less than good condition ...... both need work ... I have had a few PM's about them .... I will reply to them all ...... I need to take current images, especially of the faults, and put details on here .. no idea what they are worth ......... but they are now worth having repaired, repainted, especially if you need one for a R80GS Basic.

I am quite happy to sell them as I will never need them, but they are with me in France and I will not be back in Winchester until sometime in October.

This GS Basic, G/S following is getting crazy, having a look at EBay, a G/S Tank albeit very good is advertised for £600

R45 + R80ST Tank
R45_1.jpg

R45 + R80ST Tank
R45_2.jpg

R45_3.jpg

R45_4.jpg

ST - Tank - from a Bike I sold about 8 years ago, £2,500 I think - I wonder where it is now?
R45_5.jpg

Either one of the photographed tanks would be fine. How do we proceed.

I only have two ST Tanks and a R45 Tank .......... all the ones photo-ed above were sold when we moved to France - I showed these for comparison....... as I said I need to photo the two ST Tanks that need some work and send details to the three guys that have emailed me.

If you are happy with an R45/R65 Tank they are usually readily available on EBay .....

I have an ST tank that I don't have a use for. It had a small leak and was repaired using tank sealer. I was intending to send it to these guys for a proper repair and coating which would have cost around £200 http://www.fueltanks.co.uk/services/motor-cycles/

You can have it for £50 though id sooner it was collected instead of having to post it. We've just put our house up for sale and I just haven't got the time to be running around trying to find boxes for tanks I'm afraid.

Thanks for the very good offer Rob but I've just bought one in same condition - with puncture wound. Think I'll solder it, anybody done this type of thing ?

Back
Top Bottom