Visiting Alton Hampshire

Traffic893

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
Travelling up to BMW Alton with a mate, he's dumping his old triumph triple and riding home on his new XR. Just wondering if anyone local knows if they have a cafe that does more than coffee or if there is one nearby they would recommend.
Cheers.

Hi,
Travelling up to BMW Alton with a mate, he's dumping his old triumph triple and riding home on his new XR. Just wondering if anyone local knows if they have a cafe that does more than coffee or if there is one nearby they would recommend.
Cheers.

The Golden Pheasant next door used to do good grub

Go north on the A339 from Alton towards Basingstoke turning on the offside to Lasham Airfield
Nice and friendly and a good cafe Look down the corridors and theres enough WW2 history to keep you going
Nice sunny day to watch the gliders flying

Loomies moto cafe -

7 miles - 10 minutes down the road ...

Watch out for the paparazi ;) popular area all round there

Loomies is a good bet or go a bit further you have micks monster burgers in Portsmouth

They won't even let Bahnstormers' customers use their car park for a fee nowadays. Used to be £1 to park there.

How long ago did that happen - i went up there in Novermber / december and they were fine albeit £1 fine ;)

Micks is shockingly shoite now - he needs to remember how he got his name....

If visiting Portsdown Hill - go to Route 66 ( Airstream Van) in the next westbound parking area from Micks - By the roundabout.

His Cheeseburgers are very good - not the cheap dog shite that Mick now serves up.... When Micks MB used to be on Langstone Bridge in the 80's his Monster Burgers where very good...

He has lost it now.

To the OP, if you are coming down the M3 from the M4 take the Winchester turn and pick up the A272 to the West Meon Hut - Loomies ( Not brilliant but ok) is on the right behind the BP garage - turn left and Bahnstormers is 6-7 miles up towards Alton.

Coincidentally enough, I was there yesterday at around 11.50 but as I was in a car I was able to park up in their carpark. Went in with the wife; all looked empty and asked for a table for 2. Was told, "sorry, we are fully booked and not a single table available". When I queried this I was told, "we only accept pre-bookings now". Subtext "...because we are so successful.........". Seemed an odd thing to say to a customer who has popped in several times whilst visiting Bahnstormers. Oh yes, they do have a stern warning outside saying their car park must not be used by Bahnstormer customers, so I'm not sure the neighbours are "friendly".

Bit of a shame as Faringdon is already a one-horse place by the look of it.....

They won't even let Bahnstormers' customers use their car park for a fee nowadays. Used to be £1 to park there.

Coincidentally enough, I was there yesterday at around 11.50 but as I was in a car I was able to park up in their carpark. Went in with the wife; all looked empty and asked for a table for 2. Was told, "sorry, we are fully booked and not a single table available". When I queried this I was told, "we only accept pre-bookings now". Subtext "...because we are so successful.........". Seemed an odd thing to say to a customer who has popped in several times whilst visiting Bahnstormers. Oh yes, they do have a stern warning outside saying their car park must not be used by Bahnstormer customers, so I'm not sure the neighbours are "friendly".

Bit of a shame as Faringdon is already a one-horse place by the look of it.....

Well fuck them then.:rob

We went to Loomies, very nice breakfast bap. Good choice of food. Rode back to Cardiff with mate grinning like a Cheshire Cat on his XR.

Never go to Loomies unless you want to shit through the eye of a needle for the rest of the day, it is a fucking dump.

The Departure Lounge is nice and Lasham Airfield probably the pick of the bunch, plus you get to stand right next too the grass runway and watch the gliders being winched, towed and landing. Good crowd at both.

Back
Top Bottom