Rumor mill...KTM starts if you push it fast enough.

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just that. Something I heard yesterday (bike place, guy was on the phone talking to someone). So don't shoot the messenger and maybe it's old news anyway.

It sounded as if a model(s) of KTM will start without the key if you push them fast enough. "So don't park it on a hill" was the exact comment. It got my attention for sure.

Anyone heard of this? If true I'd be interested to know which models and if I had that bike i'd be fitting a concealed switch somewhere to prevent it!

Obviously you can push KTM's faster than you can push BMW's so I thought you might be interested :D

Correct, most of the off road models EXCs etc don't have any ignition switch fitted. Just press the button and go, or bump if you feel so inclined.
Just one of those things.
Some people do fit a concealed switch, but these can cause other issues once corrosion sets in.
For an £8k bike they also come with a full 30 day warranty :)

Correct, most of the off road models EXCs etc don't have any ignition switch fitted. Just press the button and go, or bump if you feel so inclined.
Just one of those things.
Some people do fit a concealed switch, but these can cause other issues once corrosion sets in.
For an £8k bike they also come with a full 30 day warranty :)

No, sorry, not EXC's. He mentioned a specific mph you had to reach before it would start - 18 mph I think. Not talking about enduro bikes.

The 30 day warranty is generally the industry standard for dirt bikes - i.e. those manufactured for competition use.

Back
Top Bottom