Returning Biker - Where for best insurance premium

Wizards-Online

Going Overground
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2003 GSA via this site and I now need to get the insurance sorted.

I've had a full bike license for over 20 years, though have been between bikes for the last 5 years so I'm having to start bike insurance afresh.

I've gone via GoCompare and have had a quote from Bennetts for £119 with no extras or £160 with Legal, Helmet & leathers & personal accident.

Firstly, is there any good insurance companies out there I should be trying for a better quote? And secondly Is it worthwhile paying the extra £40 for additional cover?

Many thanks in advance.

T

No, legal cover is a waste of time.

Better going for an independent expert solicitor, as for clothing/helmet; check your household insurance, it'll more than likely cover it.

Same for personal accident, you're better off with an independent solicitors than your insurer's. They seem to decline cover pretty much everytime unless it is 100% in your favour, which does beg the question what you are paying for.

I am sure there are others who may disagree, either from their own experience or because they're fuckwits.

Pays your money takes your choice.

Good luck in enjoying your new bike.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

somebody on here the other day mentioned cornmill insurance,saying how reasonable they were,worth a look

Try Motorcycle Direct they seem to give me better quotes than other well knowns

Back
Top Bottom