Thread: K1200RS No Drive

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

K1200RS No Drive

Hi,

Looking for a winter project and have seen a 2002 K1200RS for sale and advert states that you can select gear and it pulls slightly. So what would this likely be is it a clutch issue or more likely a gearbox?

Dont mind taking something on but if its a no hope then dont want to go there.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Bikes done around 30K

Clutch, but fortunately you would have all winter to replace it

Cheers, is it a big job??

Ah yes, i can see its a fair undertaking :-)

Lots of possibilities

Driveshaft rubbers sheared

Crank seal gone and the clutch void with 2 litres of oil in it ! (I have actually seen it and measured it 2 litres is about halfway up the flywheel

Input shaft splines gone ?

Clutch Splines gone?

Might be more possibilities but I haven;t seen them so far

This should keep you entertained LINKY
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

as a matter of interest how much are they looking?

Budget £450 ish for a clutch and crank seal while you are in there (Labour is You I presume from what you re saying??)

about 10 hours should see you in and rebuilt and back on the road If you are doing it right and undoing everything and lubricating splines and pivot pins etc etc etc

P.S. Don't use those stupid diaphragm seals that BM sell just get a double lip viton they're much more durable and less prone to damage!
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Looking for around £800
    So any idea if there is a guide to show what all seals need replaced? I can get most parts from BM at a discount as long as I know what to order.

Well have you bought it?