Excellent weekend....

gerarddwatts

huge member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sat...left here about 9, up to Braemar....absolutely stuffed with folk(Games Day), but no probs on a bike, Gairnshiel, Corgarff, Lecht, Tomintoul, Grantown, Carrbridge, Kessock and up to Helmsdale for grub with BMW club folk. Excellent run in the sun. 340 miles.

Today...left here 8 ish, met up with mates in Simpsons Inverness for brekky (v good value), over the Struy. Bonar Bridge, Falls of Shin for midsers, Lairg, Reay, Laxford Bridge, down to Lochinver for lunch, on to Ullapool, Garve, and back down and home by 6.35. 420 miles.

Lots of the best bits of the NC500 and none of the shite.

A good weekend

Can also report filly with ginormous assets at Shin.....well on for 15 as well....:drool

Had a wander on my 60th Anniversary XSR700 which gets loads of attention. 370 miles in just over 7 hours. Left from near Aberdeen at 9am to Granton-on-Spey, Carrbridge, Dingwall for fuel, and then a lovely run up to Ullapool on the A835. Food stop for me at the Frigate cafe around midday then the coast road around the back of Stac Pollidah to Lochinver, then along the A837 through Garve, Dingwall for more fuel, Tomintoul and along the River Don till home.

Tired but still buzzing after the stunning scenery and quiet roads. Felt a sense of irony that crossing the Conon Bridge that I was now into the real highlands, those who live further south probably think they start at Perth. Not sure who's right.

Stunning weather which returned to normal on Sunday. That's my best trip of 2017 for sure.

We really are lucky to have all this on our doostep. Makes up for being so far from Europe I suppose. What we did in a day from home would be the highlight of some one elses annual holiday!

We really are lucky to have all this on our doostep. Makes up for being so far from Europe I suppose. What we did in a day from home would be the highlight of some one elses annual holiday!

Absolutely correct. Days like that make you wonder why we go abroad. Sunday makes you remember why!

Probably passed you on Saturday Gerry.
Took the wife's new motor out for a stroll.
Braemar, Glenshee, Bridge of Cally and over the back roads to St Fillans.
Very pleasant indeed.

It was a nice weekend - but sadly not so good now!
I was away camping for the weekend and had a wee bimble around on Saturday - superb weather and scenery:thumb

Any guesses where this is?

Cheers........................Grizzly:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_0728_3_1.JPG
    IMG_0728_3_1.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 390
Sat...left here about 9, up to Braemar....absolutely stuffed with folk(Games Day), but no probs on a bike, Gairnshiel, Corgarff, Lecht, Tomintoul, Grantown, Carrbridge, Kessock and up to Helmsdale for grub with BMW club folk. Excellent run in the sun. 340 miles.

Today...left here 8 ish, met up with mates in Simpsons Inverness for brekky (v good value), over the Struy. Bonar Bridge, Falls of Shin for midsers, Lairg, Reay, Laxford Bridge, down to Lochinver for lunch, on to Ullapool, Garve, and back down and home by 6.35. 420 miles.

Lots of the best bits of the NC500 and none of the shite.

A good weekend

Can also report filly with ginormous assets at Shin.....well on for 15 as well....:drool

You are so correct!

I did yard work all day Saturday (it had to be done) but rode over the Lecht to Braemar, Glenshee and then back. I bit windy up top but 4 hours just disappeared as I was having such a great ride in gorgeous scenery!!!!

I've also enjoyed several runs in the past 2 weeks on our super roads. Not always dry. Sometimes with my lad on his road racer, more often solo.
Last Friday the roads were as quiet as I've ever seen them traffic wise.
One Sunday with an early start was brill as there were no HGVs.

The Lochgilphead- Connel loop.

The full loop - Tomintoul - Fort William - Glen Coe or Connel/Loch Awe. Clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Tyndrum - Loch Awe with an ice lolly at the filling station at the west end.

Can't be doing with "a few miles for a cuppa".
Won't pull my gloves on for less than 100 miles :)

Attachments

• IMG_7360.jpg
    IMG_7360.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_7193.jpg
    IMG_7193.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 361

Back
Top Bottom